Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Employer sponsored

Notices

Immi Information Confusion
Old 4th August 2010, 08:38 PM   #1
gardenboy

Default Immi Information Confusion

I am keen to know if other members of this forum have been given opposing pieces of infirmation by immi. I have been waiting over 6 months for my ENS 121 to be processed. I've sent a few emails over the period to see where the application was, but have only received the standard response, which now gives no accurate information in terms of timescale. I decided to ring the office at Parramatta and spoke to one of the telephone operators. On the Monday I was told thaat I had a case officer, and an email would be sent to her to see how long the processing might take. If I didn't hear anything in 2 working days, I should call back. By the Thursday evening I hadn't so called again on the Friday to be told there was no CO and now to expect the process to take up to 8 months.

Does anyone know what the proper timescales are now, or have they also received opposing info?

It is extremely frustrating and very unsettling.

Thanks in advance
Garden Boy

Old 5th August 2010, 12:14 PM   #2
downundervisa

Jeffrey Peter Harvie Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0959797

How long is a piece of string? There are no exact timelines. Most of the delay is caused by workload......which is considerable.

Now, sorry to tell you this, but sending a barrage of emails is the surest way of annoying the hell out of them, and you've probably only succeeded in seeing your application go to the bottom of the pile. Remember that these are the people who can decide your future with the stroke of a pen. And they have a HUGE workload. And everytime they get a "when do I get my visa?" email or phonecall, they have to stop working to deal with it.

It will be dealt with in due time. If it's a sound application, it will be granted. Just be patient.

Registered Migration Agent MARN 0959797

Offices in Brisbane QLD, and (main office) Manila Philippines

Email Me

www.downundervisa.com.au,
www.filipinawives.com.au,
www.fiancevisaphilippines.com.au,
www.spousevisaphilippines.com.au
downundervisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 06:09 PM   #3
Robert K Chelliah

Kandralingam Chelliah Registered Migration Agent
MARN 9254011

What Jeff says is good advice. Case officers do not deliberately delay processing as they are under "productivity" clause. The delay is usually due to factors beyond the control of the ordinary case officer. Patience is required and it is hard to be patience when dealing with future directions of personal life. What choice do we have other than to rile up the case officers and run into difficulties.

Cheers

Robert K Chelliah
Robert K Chelliah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 10:27 PM   #4
gardenboy

Thanks to both of you for the responses. I have heard this suggestion that they will place the application at the bottom of the pile, but as there is no communication from nsw, it is not unreasonable to put in a request to see how it is coming on. What would be uesful was if they were to update their responses, when the timeframes no longer apply. For peace of mind, a statement issued by them saying that the processing time is now taking X months would be better than still saying it takes a shorter time than is possible.

Thanks again
gardenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 01:00 PM   #5
Sheelagh Blanckenberg

Sheelagh Brigid Blanckenberg Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0100161

You have hit the nail on the head gardenboy. DIAC could be a little more proactive with alerts on processing times - easy enough to update their website I am sure - it would take the pressure off their processing centres getting numerous phone calls from concerned visa applicants and also allay applicants' fears.

Please though bear in mind that the department has also gone through major upheavals with all the changes the Minister has brought in. It is not as if DIAC gets notified months ahead of time of a particular change which gives them the opportunity to refine or change their processes to suit. Often they are the last ones to hear and literally have to shift gears from one day to the next. Extremely difficult to do and does result in processing problems.

Throw into the mix the Ministers priority changes and what do you get? Not quite chaos but perhaps something akin. Then there is the expeditious processing of the boat arrivals. Whether one agrees with it or not, the current government is insisting this gets done in a timely manner. Unfortunately, DIAC cannot send in junior staff to handle these applications - the result, many senior, well-qualified case officers have been removed from other processing areas. Perhaps not fair, but is the reality with which DIAC have to deal.

And while I don't think your application will necessarily be put to the bottom of the pile if you make an absolute nuisance of yourself (despite anecdotal evidence to the contrary) - the case officer will understand where you are coming from - but also please try and understand the pressure they are under too! If you become too much of a pest they may react negatively!! They are only human doing their job the best they can. They have no particular reason to pick on one visa applicant to make his/her life a misery by delaying processing an application. Constant queries from visa applicants does chew into the time they have in a day to process applications, so it all becomes a vicious circle. Be patient.

Sheelagh Blanckenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 03:48 PM   #6
downundervisa

Jeffrey Peter Harvie Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0959797

They've reworded it now, but the application acknowledgement letters USED to say something along the lines of "Your visa application will take approximately xx months to process. Please do not contact us during this time, as this will lead to delays in your application." Fairly blunt message!

The fact is though, they're only human. And humans get cranky, and we feel less inclined to help the person who made us cranky. I try to make it clear to my own clients that application times are out of my hands, and will give an approximation on what they can expect. I also explain to them that I will tell them each and every time I get a response from the Department, and that therefore if they hear nothing from me, this means I've heard nothing from the Department. Yet some clients will still email me about 2 weeks after the application has gone in, and then about every two weeks after that asking "Have you heard anything?"

Registered Migration Agent MARN 0959797

Offices in Brisbane QLD, and (main office) Manila Philippines

Email Me

www.downundervisa.com.au,
www.filipinawives.com.au,
www.fiancevisaphilippines.com.au,
www.spousevisaphilippines.com.au
downundervisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 05:19 PM   #7
nvoorst

Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenboy View Post
Does anyone know what the proper timescales are now, or have they also received opposing info?
Garden Boy
I have just been advised by DIAC Parramatta that RSMS applications lodged on 21/1/2010 are now being allocated to case officers. That suggests a delay of 6 to 7 months before the application gets looked at.

Contact

www.coralcoastmigrationservice.com.au

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 10:28 PM   #8
gardenboy

Thanks everyone for their replies, and the last post gives a degree of hope. I guess the thing to do is sit back and wait, but hopefully something will be happening soonish.

Thanks again
Old 11th August 2010, 04:45 AM   #9
gardenboy

Just to let everyone know, my visa came through this morning, totally out of the blue! One slight problem with the dates in it (it said that I have to enter Australia before 10 July 2010), so i hope this will be rectified.
Thanks everyone for answers and support. It has been vital in this stressful process.

See you in Sydney!
Old 11th August 2010, 11:31 AM   #10
Sheelagh Blanckenberg

Sheelagh Brigid Blanckenberg Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0100161

Congrats gardenboy! All the best for your move to Sydney!

Sheelagh Blanckenberg is offline   Reply With Quote