Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Other migration questions

Notices

Special category Visa and Super contributions
Old 22nd August 2010, 01:45 PM   #1
Hispeed

Default Special category Visa and Super contributions

I have just read your report “Australian_Super_for_non-residents.pdf”.
http://www.wealthpartners.net.au/med...-residents.pdf

I am more interested in the situation that applies to New Zealand citizens arriving on a SCV, that are in the long term not able to convert to permanent residence or citizen status by virtue of the age restriction.

Is payment to the Australian Super mandatory or optional for SCV holders? Or-Is there an alternative non government fund that can be used for accumulating private pension funding ? It would be unfair to contribute to a scheme from which no benefit could be derived .

In addition , Is there unemployment insurance available or other privately funded financial vehicles available to compensate for the lack of Government funding for SCV holders?

Kind regards