Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Employer sponsored

Notices

ENS - Direct Entry
Old 3rd September 2012, 03:28 PM   #1
Moo

Default ENS - Direct Entry

Hi

I know this is a similar query to one posted very recently but I wanted to get clarification. I have been in Australia since June 2011 here under a 457 visa (my husband is the primary visa holder). I have been working in the same job for 6 months now and would like to apply for PR under the ENS scheme. When I read the Direct Entry option it seems that I am not eligible because I do hold a 457.

I do have a valid Skills Assessment (for Schedule 2) and I also have an IELTS score of 9 (I'm British anyway and just took this as a points boost should I have needed it).

So - am I eligible to apply under Direct Entry even though I do have a 457?

Old 3rd September 2012, 09:28 PM   #2
nvoorst

Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
Hi

When I read the Direct Entry option it seems that I am not eligible because I do hold a 457.

So - am I eligible to apply under Direct Entry even though I do have a 457?
Not sure what you are referring to here. Can you be more specific?

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:
Apple:AUS VISA
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 10:17 PM   #3
Moo

Hi

Yes, the wording on the immigration website states:

"When you apply, you must select one of the visa’s three streams.

Choose the Temporary Residence Transition stream if you are a subclass 457 visa holder who has worked for your employer for two years in the nominated occupation and your employer wants to offer you a permanent position in that occupation.
Choose the Direct Entry stream if you have never, or only briefly, worked in the Australian labour market and have not held a subclass 457 visa for the last two years, or if you are applying directly from outside Australia"

Since I don't qualify under the 'Temporary Residence Transition' stream, I thought that I may qualify under the 'Direct Entry' stream. However the wording above suggests that, as a 457 holder, I am ineligible for this also.
Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 11:12 PM   #4
nvoorst

MARN 0640648

The wording on the DIAC web site is very confusing. The key is : " you have not held a sc. 457 visa for the past 2 years".

As far as qualifying visas go, the actual regulations only state , amongst others, that you must have a substantive visa to make an onshore aplication under direct entry stream.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
Old 30th August 2014, 11:10 AM   #5
Budz_1124

Hi all,

I currently holds a 457 visa with my present company, and was working with them for almost 3 years now. My boss in my department already resigned and now working with another company. Now he wants me to work with him again in his new company and they are willing to sponsor me for a visa. I told them that I have plans to be a permanent resident here in Australia. Is Direct Entry stream possible for my situation or not?

With regards to the requirements for Direct Entry, I think I can meet the Skills Recognigion since I worked here for quiet a long time now on the same position, plus the additional years of experience I had in the Philippines. And I know I do have to satisfy the English Proficiency score of 6.

What additional requirements do need to satisfy for direct entry visa?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Buddy
Budz_1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2014, 06:05 PM   #6
nvoorst

MARN 0640648

Hi Buddy, for ENS direct entry, in addition to IELTS 4 x 6 and a positive skills assessment, you need 3 years full time work experience in the nominated position.

If your employer has no experience with this sort of sponsorship, my advice would be for him to use a migration agent, as the process is fairly complex.

Don't leave your current employment, until you have the ENS visa unless the other company wants to take over your 457 sponsorship first.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP: