Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Partner migration

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 13th December 2013, 07:27 PM   #11
nvoorst

Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

Limitations on sponsorship

There are limits on the number of partner visa category sponsorships a person may make and the time-frame in which they are made:
  • There is a limit of two approved sponsorships or nominations that can be made, with a minimum of five years apart.
  • If the sponsor was sponsored or nominated to Australia as a partner, they must wait five years before sponsoring a partner or fiancé.

Approved sponsorships or nominations are those which result in the applicant being granted a partner or Prospective Marriage visa.

The limitations may be waived in compelling circumstances, including:
  • if the previous fiancé or partner has died or abandoned the relationship, leaving young children
  • if a new relationship is formed that is long-standing or involves dependent children of the relationship.

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/30partners.htm

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:
Apple:AUS VISA
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
Old 7th January 2014, 10:37 PM   #12
surviving2014

Hi,
I understand that PR cannot be cancelled once granted. But what if the partner was involved in crime - say theft from shops - about $15k (convicted once before getting PR)? As well as used illegal drugs and did drugs abuse?

During PR assessment, case officer called me after getting the Police report to check what I think of the situation and if things improved with my partner. That time I thought it did. So a PR was granted.

But just within a month or so from granting PR, I found my partner never stopped stealing and within 4 months, got arrested again for stealing jewelry worth $10k. Still waiting for the court case. I have decided to call it an end.

I read somewhere that only if there is a jail sentence of 12 months+, PR may get cancelled by the minister. But will that be the case for repeated/continuous offence like my ex-partner's? Do I still need to inform DIAC about this situation though my partner is now a PR?

What is going to happen with citizenship for such a person?
Old 8th January 2014, 08:54 AM   #13
nvoorst

MARN 0640648

Quote:
Originally Posted by surviving2014 View Post
Hi,
Do I still need to inform DIAC about this situation though my partner is now a PR
No, you don't. I'd say move on and leave it to the authorities to deal with your ex.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
Old 23rd February 2014, 11:33 AM   #14
xjamcx

Hey There!

I have been granted my PR August 2012 based on a Partner 801 Visa.
Start of January I separated from my Partner, as I found out that he actually cheated on me.
From all these great posts I can read that I don't have to inform the Immigration as I have been granted my PR back in 2012.
Despite all them posts, its still hard for me to find peace of mind.

Due to Germany not allowing dual citizenship I have to apply for the Resident Return Visa in 2017 again.
If I don't inform the Immigration before hand could I get in trouble if they find out about the separation / divorce (jan 2015)?

I have no problem informing the immigration about the separation, the only concern I have is them being difficult and questioning my marriage. I wouldn't have the strength to go through the process of showing my marriage was no fraud.

Hard enough as it is, I just want to find some clarity knowing nothing will haunt me visa related. If anyone could give some advice, thanks a lot.
Old 24th February 2014, 11:17 AM   #15
nvoorst

MARN 0640648

Once you have been granted PR, there is no need to inform DIBP. When you apply for the RRV, just fill out your current details.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:

Old 8th March 2014, 12:19 AM   #16
singh

Hi

One of my friend is married to Australian PR man. She came on 1st Feb 2014. It seems like its not going to be a good relation as they have clashes on various issues at such an early stage. I just want to know what is best way to stay here permanently if she broke up now and what other option are available to become permanent.
Old 8th March 2014, 08:44 AM   #17
nvoorst

MARN 0640648

Unless she still qualified for the permanent partner visa, her only options , most likely, would be one of the skilled or employer sponsored visas, if she can meet the requirements. She should go and seek some professional advice. Without detailed knowledge of her background it is not possible to make any recommendations.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:

Cheating husband and divorce
Old 12th April 2014, 04:03 AM   #18
Jenny2014

Default Cheating husband and divorce

Hi, Im in need of some help. Me and my husband have been married for a bit over a year, so I'd be getting my PR in early 2015. However, he has now all suddenly decided that he wants a divorce. I've tried talking to him but nothing seems to help. I also found out that he has cheated on me at least once. He basically told me to get out of the country and bought me a one way ticket back to the country where I'm from. I don't know what to do to be able to stay in Australia. I've been living there for 2,5 years, and I feel like my home is in Australia. My husband haven't notified the immigration yet, because he doesn't seem to be able to make up his mind. One day he wants a divorce, the next day he just needs some time and space. So at the moment I'm on a "holiday" visiting my family. I have no idea whats going to happen, nor what are my options. I am not pregnant, and there was no physical violence in our relationship. I wish to stay in the country, and work things out with my husband, but he has refused to go to marriage counselling or talk to me. I am so desperate, my whole life is in Australia, and I've got nothing in the country where I am originally from. I've heard from somewhere, that IF you can prove to the Immigration, that your life truly is in Australia, you may be allowed to stay even though you would get divorce during the first 2 years of marriage. What kind of "evidence" do I need in order to convince the Immigration that my life is here and it would be cruel to cancel my visa and send me back? I don't know if it matters, or counts as domestic violence, but as I mentioned before, my husband never physically abused me, but he was very cruel and brutal with his words. I was very depressed for a long time and saw a psychiatrist as well. I'm out of the country at the moment, because my husband forced me to leave. I had no job, no place to stay, so I had no choice but to go. PLEASE I need some advises!
Old 12th April 2014, 10:29 AM   #19
nvoorst

MARN 0640648

Unless you qualify for another visa (skilled, student, employer sponsored) you would only be able to get permanent residence (as the holder of a temporary partner visa) if you met one of the conditions you refer to.

Not sure where you "heard" about being able to stay if you can prove that your life is truly in Australia, but I can assure you that, by itself, it is not sufficient.

I don't want to encourage you to go the family violence way ,unless family violence actually occurred, but family violence can take many forms including verbal abuse, mental cruelty etc. You'd have to able to provide credible evidence though and you'd be well advised to get professional assistance or seek help from one the organisations like RAILS and IARC that provide free advice.

http://www.iarc.asn.au

http://www.rails.org.au/index.html

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:

Old 13th April 2014, 10:49 AM   #20
nvoorst

MARN 0640648

Hi Jenny, unless you meet one of the requirements you refer to (family violence, death of partner, child of the relationship), there is no other way to get a permanent partner visa, if the relationship breaks down.

I don't know where you've "heard", that "if you can prove to the Immigration, that your life truly is in Australia, you may be allowed to stay", but it is definitely not true.

Family violence can take many forms and is not restricted to physical violence. If you believe that family violence has occurred, I suggest you seek professional advice or talk to one of the organisations like IARC or RAILS, that provide (limited) free advice.

https://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-s...38domestic.htm

http://www.iarc.asn.au

http://www.rails.org.au

Other than that, you might have options under skilled or employer sponsored streams depending on your qualifications and work experience.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:

Closed Thread