Go Back   Migration Help > Living in Australia > How and where to find work in Australia?

Notices

Do Australian employers sponsor people from overseas?
Old 5th January 2010, 02:18 PM   #1
Sheelagh Blanckenberg

Sheelagh Brigid Blanckenberg Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0100161
Default Do Australian employers sponsor people from overseas?

Hi melodic-rhythm

Thanks for contacting me by email.

In answer to your question:
Quote:
Are u a recruiter or headhunter in australia? I came across a page from migration expert and Im asking...I live in the States currently, but wanted to ask do employers there usually or typically sponsor people from here to move there?

I am looking for something different..Thanks
I am not a recruiter or headhunter but as a migration agent, work with a recruitment firm (Sky Staffing Solutions) whose clients are mainly Australian companies who are open to sponsoring employees from overseas on a temporary basis, with many happy to provide sponsorship for permanent residence as well.

Many Australian companies are happy to sponsor people from overseas if they cannot source locally in the Australian labour market. It depends on the occupation some are more in demand than others, and of course this demand changes according to the economic outlook in Australia.

What is your occupation if you dont mind me asking? That way I may be able to give you some further assistance.

I would also suggest you register your details with Sky Staffing Solutions if you have not already done so.

Kind regards

Sheelagh

response
Old 29th January 2010, 10:48 PM   #2
JeroiceB

Default response

Hello,

I have only done service work like call centers, clerical, or technical support. I know there
is a list of fields employers there look for as far as sponsoring people outside of there on visabureau.com. Is that the list you use, and what jobs are available for temporary workers?
What would it take to find work over there?

Thanks.
JeroiceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 02:15 PM   #3
Sheelagh Blanckenberg

Sheelagh Brigid Blanckenberg Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0100161

Hi Jeroice

I am not sure what list you refer to. Migration Help has put together a list of employment agencies from around Australia - I think it is a pretty good list and one we add to all the time as new recruitment firms come to our attention. If you think there are others we should include please let me know and they will be added.

As for employment in your particular line of work - it is very difficult for me to comment on whether you would find work here. Your best bet would be to come on holiday, or on a working holiday visa if your are eligible, to suss things out. That way you can meet with recruitment agencies and potential employers to discuss your options. If travelling to Australia is not possible, I would be happy to put you in touch with a couple of businesses which apparently do the 'leg' work for migrants by looking around for potential employers, arranging meetings etc etc. I believe they charge for this service (understandably). Migration Help is not affiliated with any of them so I cannot give you any further information other than refer you to their respective websites.

Kind regards
Sheelagh
Sheelagh Blanckenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2014, 09:59 PM   #4
irenebrown

Hi,

I have already done the job of technical support, clerical or call center in Australia and already familiar with the catalog of fields employers. Furthermore Occupational Health and Safety, i also have familiarity with outside sponsoring people.

Just desire to know that what type of jobs are available for those workers working on temporary basis?