Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Parents migration

Notices

Visitor Visa for Parent
Old 7th July 2016, 12:12 PM   #1
Hawaii50

Default Visitor Visa for Parent

My mum has just had her visitor visa turned down. My father passed away suddenly in July last year and with no remaining relatives left in the world other than me (only child) we brought her back on a tourist visa. We have since submitted an application for Contributory Parent Visa as this was the only option to us onshore, which we were told can take up to 2 years to process. Her current visa expires this month and with no restrictions we did not think there would be an issue to apply for an extension whilst we are in the queue for the permanent visa. There are exceptional circumstances to her case but this was not stated on the application made by our agent so we are now left in two minds as to what to do....appeal and go to tribunal or resubmit application ourselves? The agent applied under tourist class (600 tourist) but should we resubmit under 600 Family Assisted?? How many times can you apply and if you go to tribunal can you remain in Australia whilst it is waiting to be reassessed?? So many questions sorry!

Old 7th July 2016, 09:00 PM   #2
nvoorst

Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii50 View Post
My mum has just had her visitor visa turned down. My father passed away suddenly in July last year and with no remaining relatives left in the world other than me (only child) we brought her back on a tourist visa. We have since submitted an application for Contributory Parent Visa as this was the only option to us onshore, which we were told can take up to 2 years to process. Her current visa expires this month and with no restrictions we did not think there would be an issue to apply for an extension whilst we are in the queue for the permanent visa. There are exceptional circumstances to her case but this was not stated on the application made by our agent so we are now left in two minds as to what to do....appeal and go to tribunal or resubmit application ourselves? The agent applied under tourist class (600 tourist) but should we resubmit under 600 Family Assisted?? How many times can you apply and if you go to tribunal can you remain in Australia whilst it is waiting to be reassessed?? So many questions sorry!
I can't comment really without seeing the refusal letter. Feel free to drop me a line.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:
Apple:AUS VISA
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote