Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Employer sponsored

Notices

My responsibilities as a sponsor
Old 16th January 2018, 10:20 AM   #1
Corry3707

Default My responsibilities as a sponsor

I sponsored my husband on a 309 Visa to come to Australia. We were married in the UK in July 2016. We moved to Australia in August 2016 on the 309 visa. Things have become difficult in our relationship; he is very controlling and does not like me to do anything without him. I have found this stressful and feel I need a break. I would like to live in seperate houses to see if we can re-establish some relationship boundries but I am not sure of my legal responsibilities. He is in full time work and wants to stay in Australia. I am Happy for him to stay but am not sure if I can live with him any longer.
What are my legal responsibilities?
His Visa is up for review soon; but many of the referees are aware of the relationship difficulties and would have trouble filling in the paper work.
Thanks for any advice.

Old 29th January 2018, 11:19 PM   #2
nvoorst

Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corry3707 View Post
I sponsored my husband on a 309 Visa to come to Australia. We were married in the UK in July 2016. We moved to Australia in August 2016 on the 309 visa. Things have become difficult in our relationship; he is very controlling and does not like me to do anything without him. I have found this stressful and feel I need a break. I would like to live in seperate houses to see if we can re-establish some relationship boundries but I am not sure of my legal responsibilities. He is in full time work and wants to stay in Australia. I am Happy for him to stay but am not sure if I can live with him any longer.
What are my legal responsibilities?
His Visa is up for review soon; but many of the referees are aware of the relationship difficulties and would have trouble filling in the paper work.
Thanks for any advice.
You’d have no further responsibilities towards him, as far as Immigration is concerned, if the relationship breaks down.

Your overall sponsorship obligations would have been outlined in the application form, but are currently not legally enforceable.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:
Apple:AUS VISA
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote