Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Waiting times

Notices

Visa Visa - Refused (very upset )
Old 11th April 2013, 04:49 PM   #1
Narjis

Default Visa Visa - Refused (very upset )

I need help !!

I received news about my tourist (class TR) visitor visa application on 29th march 2013. Unfortunately me and my sister was refused this visa. While the news was upsetting yet the reasons that have been stated in detail indicate that i did not provide enough evidence to prove i am a genuine visitor.

The decision has been given REVIEW rights of which i am unaware. I am listing my queries to you to guide me on how i should proceed. As i was really looking forward to this visit with my family. my reasons were to reunite my family. My parents who also applied have been granted visa.

My refusal reasons were " you are a young , recently employed and have shown no assets or incentives to return, have not traveled internationally in the past 5 years ..."
This was my first time applying for tourist so i admit that my application was not through..
I plan to re-apply but i need help with a few queries ?
Here are my queries.

1. What is the cost of applying review to the Migration Review Tribunal ? What are my options if i cannot afford to do so?

2. Can i launch a fresh application ? If yes then My sponsor is my brother , permanent resident in Australia , in the new application process of Visitor visa Sponsored family stream (subclass 600) effective from 23rd march 2013 The Form 1418 page 2 states
"Who can be a sponsor?
In all cases, your sponsor must be an Australian citizen or
permanent resident aged 18 years or over and settled in
Australia for a reasonable period (usually 2 years).

Your sponsor must be one of the following:
• a relative (parent, child, partner, brother, sister,
grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, or
‘step’ equivalent of any of these) "

My query is that the period of my brothers permanent residency is less than two years. Can he be eligible to sponsor us . ? what evidence must he provide to prove his eligibility in this regard ?

3. The Form 1418 page 2 also states "

Who cannot be a sponsor?

If your sponsor has already provided sponsorship for another
relative, and that other relative has been granted a Sponsored
Family Visitor (subclass 679) or a Visitor visa – Sponsored
Family stream (subclass 600), and that visa is still in effect,
then your sponsor will not normally be eligible to sponsor you
until the other relative has departed Australia and complied
with all visa conditions, or until their visa has expired.

As mentioned earlier my parents have been granted tourist Visa 676 ( Class TR ) , my brother was mentioned in their application as he was sponsoring them and had sent his invitation. Me and my sister were refused in this same application. Me and my sister in our new 1418 application would like our brother to sponsor us again , as the travel plans are together, my parents have not left for Australia, Can my brother sponsor us too? as this a family visit to Australia.

4. If due to the above reasons my brother is not eligible to sponsor me should i apply for Application for a Visitor visa - Tourist stream . Can i mention my brothers invite to this visa application and process it. ?

I have compiled all the documents required to address the reasons of my visa refusal. As my intentions are honest and sentimental i have decided to try again and hope for the best. This visit holds great importance to me and my family as it would give us a chance to reunite after so many years.

Old 16th April 2013, 04:45 PM   #2
nvoorst

Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

Hi Narjis, it is probably easier and cheaper to make a fresh application, either visitor or sponsored visitor.

For the sponsored visitor visa the sponsor must be a 'settled' Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or 'eligible New Zealand citizen'.

'Settled' means a person must have been a resident in Australia for a reasonable period, which under policy is usually two years.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:
Apple:AUS VISA
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 09:01 PM   #3
Narjis

thank you Nick.
my brother has been living is adelaide for almost 4 years now but it has been only 14 months since his PR, so i guess that does not make him fit the criteria mentioned.
i am going for the Tourist stream with a more comprehensive application.

Wish me luck and again thank you!
Narjis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 06:54 AM   #4
nvoorst

Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

Good luck and let us know how you go.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:
Apple:AUS VISA
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote