Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Partner migration


Thread Tools Display Modes
Not sure if legal or illegal in Australia.
Old 14th June 2010, 11:00 PM   #1
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: nsw
Posts: 6
Default Not sure if legal or illegal in Australia.

Hello again,

I have a family member who came to Australia in the early 90's as a minor from NZ ,on her mothers Samoan passport. She's now 24, in a de-facto relationship and has 3 children with her partner who is an Australian citizen.

The thing is, her mother has since passed away in 2002 leaving her clueless as to her status here in Australia. Her mother obtained a NZ citizenship whilst here in Australia, her father is an Australian citizen but does not have her name listed on the citizenship certificate.

The births of her 3 children were all in hospital, but she has no medicare so her partner had to pay all medical bills. All she has on her is a Samoan birth certificate and recently was able to obtain a Samoan passport from the High Commission of Samoa in Canberra. She is in constant fear of being deported mainly by the fear of not knowing her status.

She is planning to marry next year but is unsure of where to get started.
Can someone please advise on where she can get started, who to call and what questions to ask.

thank you in advance.
sweetsamoan is offline  

Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 08:13 AM   #2
nvoorst's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cairns
Posts: 1,073
Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

If the father was an Australian citizen when your friend was born, then she might be able to apply for Australian citizenship. My advise would be for your friend to contact a registered migration agent as soon as possible to determine exactly what her current is and then figure out what the best way forward is.

Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648



Get the APP:
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it legal to discriminate against 457 visa holders? cgBNE How and where to find work in Australia? 1 3rd May 2012 11:09 PM
6000 student visas restored after legal glitch Migration Help Student visa issues 0 10th March 2010 02:53 PM

All times are GMT +11. The time now is 01:20 AM.
A vBSkinworks Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.