Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Skilled migration

Notices

Help on State Migration Plans
Old 2nd December 2010, 05:59 PM   #1
Mithun

Default Help on State Migration Plans

Hi,
I do have 120 points as per current rules. So I did apply for a Immigration Assessment to NIA for an assessment under Accountant 221111 in Feb 2010. In the assessment, I was asked to finish one more subject to qualify. I have finished the subject and I am expecting the results in Jan 2011. Subsequent to this I plan to apply for a Re-assessment. So I am hoping for Successful immigration assessment by end of Jan 2011.

I was not asked to do IELTS for the assessment and I have confirmed that the old rule would apply for my Re-assessment. However, I have taken the test and the results are out tomorrow! I am hoping to clear the 7.0 levels.

I am 28 years old and have done my Masters degree in UTS (Sydney), a full-time course over a span of Two years. In October 2006, I shifted to India (from Sydney) and have been working in Accounting field ever since.

I did plan to apply for a GSM visa in Jan 2011 but now the SMPs are confusing and I am lost on the whole rule change tracking game. I think I can avoid the new points test by applying before July 2011. But the current confusion on SMP is making me anxious.

Can someone throw some light and help me out with a Simple Migration Plan!

Mithun
P.S I'm hoping to move back to Sydney again.

Old 3rd December 2010, 12:17 PM   #2
nvoorst

Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

If you are considering applying for state sponsorship, do you have any preference for the state you would like to live in or will any place do ?

Most of the new SMP's have been announced, so what exactly are you confused about ?

Regards,

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:
Apple:AUS VISA
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Help on State Migration Plan
Old 3rd December 2010, 01:28 PM   #3
Mithun

Default Help on State Migration Plan

As I have said, I would like to move to Sydney. So, NSW would be my first choice. However, I wouldn't mind moving to any other state as long as job prospects for an Accountant exists.

My results for the subject I have just finished are out only in Jan 2011. So I cant expect my Re-assessment from NIA before end of Jan 2011. This, I think, would mean I cannot apply for GSM visa before Feb 2011.

I am afraid that by Feb 2011, the visas for Accountants would get exhausted. I just worried I would be too late in applying. The capping rule too is confusing.

Mithun
Mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
IELTS score
Old 3rd December 2010, 05:34 PM   #4
Mithun

Default IELTS score

Just got my IELTS score - 8.0 overall and 9, 7.5, 7, 7.5 in the four modules!

Mithun
Mithun is offline   Reply With Quote