Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Parents migration

Notices

Timeline for Contributory Parent Visas
Old 10th October 2009, 01:43 AM   #1
Migration Help

Default Timeline for Contributory Parent Visas

For those applicants wishing to understand the time factors behind the varying stages of a contributory parent visa, the following website may be of interest:

http://www.gainwave.co.uk/Page2.htm

Acknowledgement Letter
Old 10th July 2010, 02:48 PM   #2
Tango

Default Acknowledgement Letter

Thanks for posting the link, it is a very helpful site.

I have lodged a CPV application for my dad on 30 June 2010. It has been more than a week and I haven't heard from the immigration, is this normal? Should I give the Parents visa centre in Perth a ring or do I just sit and wait?
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 09:50 AM   #3
nvoorst

Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

It will take a few weeks before your application will be acknowledged. Just relax and wait a bit...

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:
Apple:AUS VISA
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 05:47 PM   #4
Tango

Thanks for your reply, it's very reassuring. Will just have to sit and wait...
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2010, 01:23 PM   #5
nvoorst

MARN 0640648

Update on timeline :

Application for contributory parent visa lodged in Feb. 2010, approved in August 2010

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
Old 31st August 2010, 09:01 AM   #6
Poms In Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvoorst View Post
Update on timeline :

Application for contributory parent visa lodged in Feb. 2010, approved in August 2010
Hi Nick

Eh? Do you mean a Contributory Aged Parent visa was processed at the speed of light? Or an upgrade from the temporary to the permanent, whether onshore or offshore?

Otherwise, how are you managing to get offshore CPVs processed so quickly, please?

Thanks

Gill
Poms In Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 12:52 PM   #7
nvoorst

MARN 0640648

It was an onshore application, started from scratch. The applicant was here on a tourist visa. I was surprised myself at how quickly it was approved. It was either the excellent preparation of the application or sheer luck...probably a bit of both. We were prepared to wait up till 2 years !

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:

Old 31st August 2010, 01:08 PM   #8
Poms In Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvoorst View Post
It was an onshore application, started from scratch. The applicant was here on a tourist visa. I was surprised myself at how quickly it was approved. It was either the excellent preparation of the application or sheer luck...probably a bit of both. We were prepared to wait up till 2 years !
Hi Nick

Arrrrr. The CAPVs are quick because supply of the visas and the demand for them is about equal, so the applications are processed immediately.

When the total quota of CPVs was 6,500, 5,900 were devoted to offshore CPVs - where the demand is about 1.5 times more than the annual supply, and the other 600 were earmarked for CAPVs - where supply and demand are about equal.

I don't know what the split is since the total was increased to 7,500. It might be 6,900 and 600, though, because the real pressure is the demand for offshore CPVs.

Cheers

Gill
Poms In Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 06:22 PM   #9
nvoorst

MARN 0640648

Thanks for bringing me back to earth, Gill

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP: