Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Employer sponsored


Thread Tools Display Modes
457 changes
Old 14th July 2013, 05:00 PM   #1
nvoorst's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cairns
Posts: 1,073
Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648
Default 457 changes

Note that the English requirements for 457 visa application have changed. The changes apply both to applications lodged before 1 July 2013, but not yet finalised, and all new post 1 July applications.

The exemption from the English proficiency testing requirement for certain ANZSCO occupational groups has been removed !!!

It is important that you can speak, write and understand a sufficient level of English while you are in Australia. We use the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and the Occupational English Test (OET) to determine your level of English language proficiency.

If you are sponsored by a standard business sponsor, you must show that you have English language proficiency that is equivalent to:

an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test score of at least 5 in each of the four test components of speaking, reading, writing and listening, or
a score of at least 'B' in each of the four components of an Occupational English Test (OET).
The test must have been completed within 3 years prior to the date you lodge your application.

You do not need to show that you meet this requirement if your nominated occupation does not need a level of English language proficiency for a grant of registration, licence or membership and any of the following apply to you:

You are to be paid a salary that is more than the English-language-requirement exempt amount. This amount is set at a gross base salary excluding all deductions. The current amount is listed on the gazetted list of English language exemption.
You hold a passport from Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States of America.
You have completed at least five years of continuous full-time study in a secondary or higher education institution where instruction was conducted in English.
If your nominated occupation needs a level of English language proficiency for a grant of registration, licence or membership, you need to provide evidence that you have the required level. You can do this by providing evidence that you have the relevant registration, licence or membership.

If you are sponsored by a party to a labour agreement, you must meet the English language ability specified in the agreement.
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648



Get the APP:
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline  

Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +11. The time now is 06:12 AM.
A vBSkinworks Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.