Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Employer sponsored

Notices

Leaving Employer on ENS 186
Old 17th July 2012, 12:39 PM   #1
Power

Default Leaving Employer on ENS 186

Hi

I am a quantity surveyor on a 457 visa, I have been with my employer for about 2.5 years, he is eager for me to get my PR and wants to put me through on an ENS 186 visa, which sounds perfect but I intend to leave my current employer and seek employment in the mines as a quantity surveyor in 12 months time.

I know people on the old 856 visa who have just left their current employer without any hassle but I believe the old 856 visa stated that the employer has to offer you a 3 year contract and that there is no condition or obligation built in to the 856 visa for you to complete the 3 years. Not sure if this is the case for the new ENS 186 which replaces the old 856 & 857 visas. From reading the documents that I have viewed on the new 186 and 187 visas I have come to the conclusion that I only have to stay with my current employer if I am on the 187 visa. Is this correct.

Questions
1) Is it possible for me to change employers on a 457 visa?
3) Is it possible to get a new 457 visa with a different employer once my current 457 visa expires?
2) If I am on ENS 186 visa can I change employers before the 2 years it states that I have to stay with my current employer?
3) Is there a phone number or email address that I can contact in order to get an official answer; I can’t seem to find any contact details on the government’s immigration website.
4) Is there any way I can get my PR without a sponsor considering my current situation, and if there is, is the processing time longer

Thanks

Old 17th July 2012, 04:00 PM   #2
nvoorst

Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

1)Yes
2)Yes
3)See previous post in this category : http://forum.migrationhelp.com.au/showthread.php?t=1956
4)Good luck with that one
5)Yes, possibly through Skill Select, but you need to receive an invitation to apply after you have lodged an Expression of Interest. Employer Sponsored has a (much) higher processing priority.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:
Apple:AUS VISA
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote