Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Other migration questions

Notices

Defacto /patner visa when here on Tourist Visa
Old 12th September 2017, 11:25 PM   #1
Robert1965

Default Defacto /patner visa when here on Tourist Visa

First met my fiancee in Australia March 2016 and she moved in with me in April 2016 and lived with me until she had to return to Philippines in Sept 2016 .I didn't sponsor her here at this time .We decided to get engaged in Sept 2016 before she returned to Philippines that month .
From 17 th sept 2016 till 27th Dec 2016 i supported her through money i sent weekly by world remit .
On 27 th December 2016 my fiancee can back to Australia being sponsored by myself on a 3month tourist visa .We have managed to extent this tourist visa twice and she visa expires on 27th December 2017 .MY fiancee has been living with me here in AUS currently for 9 months .
We want to keep her here and are considering a partner /defacto visa as an onshore application .
Do we need to be married or the time that we have been living together is enough ?
Can we keep her here by requesting a bridging visa till the partner visa is approved or not ?

We are running out of time as she only has 3 months till her tourist visa expires .

Please i would appreciate any advice or previous experiences from others
.Love to here from others

Thank you