Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Partner migration

Notices

immigration concerned if relationship is genuine
Old 17th May 2017, 12:46 AM   #1
dalita

Default immigration concerned if relationship is genuine

My husband and I have been happily married for 5 years and have a 3 year old. We received a letter from immigration stating that there are concerns with how genuine our relationship is and they said this is a reason to cancel it. We have applied for his permanent residency 2 years ago.
They interviewed his family in India and 2 family members said he married me to get permanent residency. The problem is these two people hate my husband and did this as an act of revenge. My husband's family and these 2 people have been fighting over a property for years and basically hate each other. Immigration interviewed his mother and she didn't know much about me. The problem is the interview was by phone and his mum couldn't hear over the traffic but immigration didn't care and conducted the interview anyway. They asked the neighbours about my husband and they said he is not married. The problem is I have never been to India. I do not know why they said this.
Our relationship is real. Our daughter needs her father. How do we go about handling this situation? What could happen? Could his visa be cancelled? Should we hire an immigration officer? What are the steps the department will take? I am devastated, this is complete injustice.
Please help . There is a deadline to respond to immigration.
Please help!!!

Last edited by dalita; 22nd May 2017 at 01:23 AM. Reason: no response