Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Parents migration

Notices

How to cancel one of my parents' visa?
Old 8th May 2016, 10:18 AM   #1
Mel77

Default How to cancel one of my parents' visa?

Good Morning,

I sponsored my parents to Australia under Contributory Parents Visa. I had paid for all fees and bond money (with my savings) which will last for 10 years. I am now decided to cancel my dad's visa and had asked him to return home. But he kept on resisting to stay and even asked me to pay for his Centrelink benefit which will due in 4 years. With this type of visa, I will need to sponsor my parents for 10 years here.

I need help and feel really depressed with him. My younger brother and his wife who are here do not want to take care of him. My older brother is still awaiting for his Last Remaining Visa for over 6 years now.

Is there any way that I can cancel his visa and not affecting my mum's visa?

Thank you

Mel

Old 8th May 2016, 10:33 AM   #2
Zoltan Bertok

Zoltan Bertok Registered Migration Agent
MARN 9578607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel77 View Post
Is there any way that I can cancel his visa and not affecting my mum's visa?

Mel
You can not cancel any ones visa.
-
About the AoS:

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/cus...urance-support

Depending on the type of visa granted, an Assurance of Support can last for 2 or 10 years. The period starts from the date your assuree arrives in Australia or the date the visa is granted, whichever is the later date. You must notify us once your assuree has either arrived in the country or been granted the visa. Generally, your assuree and any of their dependants won’t be able to claim payments from us in this period.
An Assurance of Support remains active until the end of the Assurance of Support period (2 or 10 years), even if your assuree has become exempt from the 2 year waiting period that is required for most income support payments.
There are no exemptions from the Assurance of Support provisions, and becoming an Australian citizen does not cancel the Assurance of Support period. If your assuree, or any of their dependants, receives any of the income support payments that are recoverable under the Assurance of Support scheme during the Assurance of Support period, the assurer must repay this money.
The Assurance of Support can’t be cancelled due to events such as financial hardship, breakdown in relationships or if you become an Australian citizen.
If an assuree dies before arriving in Australia, or at any time during the Assurance of Support period, the Assurance of Support will be cancelled.