Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Student visa issues

Notices

Adding de facto partner in student application
Old 4th December 2013, 01:38 PM   #1
techjunkie

Default Adding de facto partner in student application

Hi everyone!

I am posting this thread with high hopes of getting my questions answered.

My girlfriend and I are both in one-year student visas (573 and 572 consecutively) from the Philippines. We’ve been together for four years back in our home country. My visa will end January 2014 and hers will end on March of the same year.

I have plans to continue my studies for another 2 years (applying for 573 this December) and I want to add my girlfriend as a dependant family member (de facto).

Unfortunately, my evidence is not enough for the 12-month requirement as we have only lived together for less than a year. Here are some evidences we gathered so far:

· Certificate of registered relationship through QLD DBM
· Joint account (last 3 months ago)
· Both our driver’s license show same address which we applied last July 2013
· Personal bank accounts that show same address which we applied last February 2013
· Photos of ourselves back in our home country and in Australia, and receipts of gifts I have given to her as proof of our relationship being genuine and ongoing.

**We still have to ask friends and family for statutory letters to prove our relationship.

I have seen from immigration website and from this forum that the 12-month requirement can be waived with the relationship being registered. Is this true?

If not, would our evidences be enough for the application? Should I still get those statutory letters from our friends and families as additional proof?

I appreciate your advice and feedback on this. Thank you!