Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Parents migration

Notices

Changing Parents category -application
Old 31st July 2010, 08:50 PM   #1
coolcub

Default Changing Parents category -application

Hi

My question is that can an appplication lodged earlier as a Parent non-contributiory subclass 103(Parent-Migrant) which has been queued, be converted to a contributary parent ???

What is the procedure?
Do I have to provide all the evidence again (i.e. balance of family, settlement etc)?
Do the health check again?
Provide Police clearence again etc etc....

All this cost money and time in addition to DIAC's processing times and money/charges.

What is the trap if any and what are the things that should and should not be done. ... m u n j a l a m i t @ h o t m a i l . c o m

Old 6th August 2010, 02:11 PM   #2
Sheelagh Blanckenberg

Sheelagh Brigid Blanckenberg Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0100161

Yes, you can convert from a Parent to a Contributory Parent visa.

A new application will need to be lodged - at the same time you need to advise DIAC to withdraw the old Parent application.

It would be better to provide all required documentation with the new application although DIAC may consider using documents attached to the first Parent application. Best to ask them about this.

New health and character clearances will need to be done but do not do them until requested to do so.

Sheelagh Blanckenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 11:58 PM   #3
Tony Coates

Anthony Robert Coates Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0601801

Just adding to what Sheelagh has said, if the 103 was applied for prior to the existence of the Contributory Parent Visa, no fee is payable on the new 143 visa - otherwise full application fee must be paid. On the processing side, your new 143 application, in which you simultaneously withdraw youe 103 application, is treated as if it was lodged the same day as the 103 application. So if the 103 was lodged more than 18 months ago, the new 143 application should be processed immediately.

Regards

Tony
Tony Coates is offline   Reply With Quote