Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Partner migration

Notices

Wife returned to Thailand, what's her next harang?
Old 20th June 2017, 08:20 PM   #1
robertbruce

Default Wife returned to Thailand, what's her next harang?

Finally, after 40K my son finally accepts his Thai wife has been ripping him off. She has returned to Thailand barely months after her daughter arrived.

I am wondering if anyone can tell me what her next harang will be?
Does she have any claim on his property?
Can she enforce a Child Support Agency claim?

Some details are...
They married in Australia about 16 months ago...
The daughter made it over about 7 months ago...
Visa's obtained are Dependent Child visa (subclass 445) and Partner visa (subclasses 820 and 801)...

He is going to tell immi tomorrow, hopefully

Old 20th June 2017, 08:21 PM   #2
robertbruce

forogt to mention the little girl is 12 and not his
robertbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2017, 08:39 PM   #3
nvoorst

Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbruce View Post
forogt to mention the little girl is 12 and not his
I am assuming your son's wife is not yet a permanent resident?

As far as Immigration is concerned, unless there is a child of the relationship or she is claiming domestic violence, she may not be able to get the permanent visa.

For all the other issues you should see a family lawyer.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:
Apple:AUS VISA
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 01:58 AM   #4
robertbruce

thanks for your reply Nick... your assumption is correct, she has not attained PR yet, still on the 801..

for withdrawing sponsorship i understand the process so far as:
a. write a letter to immi and they will handle it from there...
b. wait the rest of the 2 years to file for divorce, or associate cost for an earlier annulment...

it just seems to simple..... immi has all these forms requiring co-signing but nothing just for the singular sponser to file, just a letter. The applicant has a form for cancelation (1022) why not the sponser - or did i get that wrong whislt talking to immi the other day...

I am just wondering how long she can make this can go on for..
i am wondering if she can claim to immi family violence occurred in australia (not that it did) from her current location in thailand as a first appeal to immi...her second stall would probably be having to supply proof of FV to immi, not that she has any... Possibly her strategy would be to fly back asap using the appeal process lag in cancellation and try to repatriate. I guess this is going to depend if immi "cancels", "suspends" or "under-reviews" her visa and if she can still travel on them.

personally i think she has some experienced handlers behind her, everything just seems to darn calculated, timed and directed.... did i mention the invitation the thai boxes got to the wedding. I don't think it was a accident that bought them together, i reckon they crashed near home because they where too busy casing the place out for its real-estate value... ....
robertbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 11:31 AM   #5
nvoorst

Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

Quote:
thanks for your reply Nick... your assumption is correct, she has not attained PR yet, still on the 801..

for withdrawing sponsorship i understand the process so far as:
a. write a letter to immi and they will handle it from there...
b. wait the rest of the 2 years to file for divorce, or associate cost for an earlier annulment....
a)correct
b)talk to a family lawyer

Quote:
it just seems to simple..... immi has all these forms requiring co-signing but nothing just for the singular sponser to file, just a letter. The applicant has a form for cancelation (1022) why not the sponser - or did i get that wrong whislt talking to immi the other day...
You can use form 1022- change of circumstances, send an email, write a letter or make a stat. dec.

Quote:
i am wondering if she can claim to immi family violence occurred in australia (not that it did) from her current location in thailand as a first appeal to immi...her second stall would probably be having to supply proof of FV to immi, not that she has any... Possibly her strategy would be to fly back asap using the appeal process lag in cancellation and try to repatriate. I guess this is going to depend if immi "cancels", "suspends" or "under-reviews" her visa and if she can still travel on them.
She will be given the opportunity to respond to "adverse information" received.

She will have to be in Australia when the visa is refused to be able to lodge an appeal.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:
Apple:AUS VISA
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote