Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Employer sponsored

Notices

Changing Job on 457 Visa
Old 29th July 2013, 08:56 PM   #1
markh

Default Changing Job on 457 Visa

Hi all,

I am currently on a temporary 457 visa and have been for 1.5 years. I have been given an opportunity at another company in a similar role. If I was to move job, would I be eligible to go straight for an Employer Nominated PR? Or would I have to go onto another 457 and wait another two years before being eligible to apply for the employer nominated PR. I would appreciate any advice on this as if it is not practical I will have to reassess if it is worth moving job. Thanks.

Mark

Old 30th July 2013, 06:54 PM   #2
nvoorst

Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

You might be able to apply for a sc. 186 or sc. 187 Direct Entry stream visa, if you and your future sponsor meet the requirements. The 2 year employment requirement does not apply to the Direct Entry stream, but there are additional requirements that must be met. Your new sponsor may have to sponsor you on a sc. 457 first, otherwise you will have to keep working for the original sponsor until the sc. 186/187 has been approved, because of condition 8107.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:
Apple:AUS VISA
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote