Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Skilled migration

Notices

572 to family sponsor(886)
Old 19th October 2011, 01:29 AM   #1
roy

Default 572 to family sponsor(886)

Good Day Sir/Madam,

I need some urgent advice with this migration system.

I came to Australia from India in March 2007 on a Sub Class-572 visa and studied an Adv.Dip In Hospitality management (Commercial Cookery) While studying I did complete my 900 hrs as was the law working 20 hrs per week in a commercial kitchen. After that I did apply for my TRA certificate on the basis of my 900 hrs and got that as well. Upon the successful conclusion of my course in March 2009 I then went on to apply for my health/police check and do my IELTS which I cleared as well. In this first week of May 2009 I applied for my Permanent residency on the basis of family sponsored visa 886 skilled migration. I have immediate family (Mum's sister,her husband and their kids) who have been here for 20 odd years who were willing to sponsor me.
Since July 2009 I have not worked in the kitchen and have been working full time as a Bartender
My questions to you are:-
As I have been sponsored by an immediate family person;
1} Will me not working in my nominated field as a cook/chef affect the processing of my application or does it not?
2) Will the case officer when he is processing my application ask me as to why I have not been working as a cook/chef?
3) Or does the case officer look at my visa and process my application on the basis of being a family sponsor(886) visa rather than as a cook/chef?
4) How long do you think is this whole procedure going to take?
5) What should I do?
6) Can I leave and go out of Australia and return?

All these questions are so complicating and confusing. I have no clue as to what I should do now.
Please help me.

Thanking You in advance for your time,

Kind Regards,
Alroy

Old 19th October 2011, 02:58 PM   #2
Amin Rahman

Amin Rahman Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0322761

Suggest you consult a migration agent. Be prepared to pay for the consultation. While making your appointment ask about the consultation costs.
Old 20th October 2011, 06:18 AM   #3
Glenn Pereira

Glenn Joseph Pereira Registered Migration Agent
MARN 9251523

While studying I did complete my 900 hrs as was the law working 20 hrs per week in a commercial kitchen.

DIAC and TRA are investigating the TRA 900 hrs. It depends if you have completed on a voluntary basis or not. If voluntary, you may have to provide a spread sheet showing 20 hrs school, 20 hrs voluntary and 20 hrs paid work (if you did paid work).

1} Will me not working in my nominated field as a cook/chef affect the processing of my application or does it not?
2) Will the case officer when he is processing my application ask me as to why I have not been working as a cook/chef?

3) Or does the case officer look at my visa and process my application on the basis of being a family sponsor(886) visa rather than as a cook/chef?

It depends if your application complied with the relevant law on the day of application.

4) How long do you think is this whole procedure going to take?

It depends on the Minister's directions and outstanding applications in the priority queue

5) What should I do?

You will have to wait for your turn.

6) Can I leave and go out of Australia and return?

Depending on your circumstances, you should seek consultation from a Registered Migration Agent if you could apply for a Bridging B upto 12 months.

The above posting is not immigration advice. It is based on the limited information posted by you.

As Amin stated yo should seek an appointment with a Registered Migration Agent who does work in this area.

Regards
Glenn Pereira
Glenn Pereira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 02:11 PM   #4
Richard Quirin

Richard Quirin Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0848935

Hi Roy,

I agree with Amin and Glenn, some very sound advice.

It’s a common misconception that you ‘must’ work in your nominated occupation post visa lodgement. You need to have a sound understanding of what constitutes a ‘valid application’, what are ‘time of application requirements’, what are ‘time of decision requirements’, how and when to calculate points and so on....

A Registered Migration Agent can have a look at your application, in its entirety, and make that assessment on your behalf and if necessary help you with a strategy to achieve your objectives.

Wish you all the best Roy.

Cheers,

Richard Quirin (Principal Immigration Consultant)
(BA, Masters (Inter. Relations), Grad. Cert. Immi Law)
MARN: 084893

GiCG L O B A L I M M I G R A T I O N C O N S U L T I N G
Head Office
Suite 4, 146-148, Walker Street
Dandenong, Melbourne
Victoria, Australia, 3175
Tel No: +61 3 9791 6686
Fax: +61 3 9791 6661
International Site: http://www.gicaustralia.com
Email: richard.quirin@gicaustralia.com.au
Skype ID : gicaustralia

The post above is of a general nature. It does not constitute the provision of immigration advice and or assistance. You should not rely upon the information provided in this post. Should you wish to seek immigration advice we will first provide you with an IRMAP and provide you with a free first consultation by phone or in person.
Richard Quirin is offline   Reply With Quote