Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Family migration

Notices

73yr old mom
Old 11th October 2016, 09:36 AM   #1
MissLadyPug

Default 73yr old mom

I'm an Australian citizen and my mom is all I have left.
She currently lives in Florida.
I have no siblings. She has no remaining family except for a few nieces in another state in the US.
I want to bring my mom here to live so I can look after her.
She has, however, suffered from TIA's some years ago which has affected her short term memory. Not severely but enough that she tends to forget to take her meds. or thinks she took them but hasn't.

Apart from that she's relatively healthy. No disease's.
I work from home full-time so I am able to look after her.

Problem is, we don't have a whole lot of money and she's probably pass away by the time we got up the required funds for the Contributory Visa. I think that's the one that's EXPENSIVE?

Are there any other Visa's that doesn't have a 30 year waiting period? Is that waiting period just a deterrent?

What other options are they to get my mum here?

Trying to read about the Visa's, and they all look so similar I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Old 11th October 2016, 06:33 PM   #2
nvoorst

Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyPug View Post
I'm an Australian citizen and my mom is all I have left.
She currently lives in Florida.
I have no siblings. She has no remaining family except for a few nieces in another state in the US.
I want to bring my mom here to live so I can look after her.
She has, however, suffered from TIA's some years ago which has affected her short term memory. Not severely but enough that she tends to forget to take her meds. or thinks she took them but hasn't.

Apart from that she's relatively healthy. No disease's.
I work from home full-time so I am able to look after her.

Problem is, we don't have a whole lot of money and she's probably pass away by the time we got up the required funds for the Contributory Visa. I think that's the one that's EXPENSIVE?

Are there any other Visa's that doesn't have a 30 year waiting period? Is that waiting period just a deterrent?

What other options are they to get my mum here?

Trying to read about the Visa's, and they all look so similar I wouldn't even know where to begin.
Hi,

There is a discussion under way to introduce a new temporary parent visa next year, but I do not have too many details as yet.I will have a read up about what is proposed and post the details on this forum when I have the time. You can have a look for yourself here:

https://www.border.gov.au/Reportsand...sa-parents.pdf

Until then unfortunately, there are not a lot of options . You could try and get her over on a tourist visa and look into applying for one of the standard aged parent visas. If she made a valid application for an aged parent visa in Australia, she would be granted a bridging visa, which would allow her to remain here. It is unlikely that the parent visa would be granted in her lifetime and she would have no access to medicare in the meantime. However ,if you did get the required funds in the meantime, it might be possible to change the standard parent visa application to a contributory aged parent visa down the track, which has a processing time of about 2 years.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:
Apple:AUS VISA
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote