Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Employer sponsored

Notices

S/C 121 And Skills Assessment
Old 17th June 2011, 06:51 AM   #1
fmck

Default S/C 121 And Skills Assessment

Hello everyone.

My employer has agreed to sponsor me on a 121 visa. I was told that they were aiming to have things sorted in four months. I don't doubt this because they are a very big employer of Australians and they are very highly regarded for spending a lot of money training young Aussies.

Here is my question; will I be able to submit my application for the visa before my skills assessmant? I was waiting for three months for my company to make a decision on sponsoring me, now that they have, things seem to be moving quickly. They want me down there ASAP; I want down there ASAP.

Whilst I was waiting, I decided to book my IELTS and skills assessment. Both will take place in August. Would it be possible to submit an application before submitting my skills assessment? Would it help?

Do I still have to sit the IELTS for this visa? I am from the UK and English is my main language.

I may seem impatient but, we want to be there with my children before they start school after Christmas. It allows us greater flexibility in choosing a suburb and school. Once they start school, we will have to settle in.

Some clarity would be appreciated.

Old 17th June 2011, 10:51 AM   #2
nvoorst

Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

Hello,

Yes, you must have a positive skills assessment at time of application.

(i) both of the following are met:
(A) an assessing authority specified by the Minister in a Gazette Notice for this sub-subparagraph as the assessing authority for the occupation to which the appointment relates has assessed the applicant's skills as suitable;
(B) unless exceptional circumstances apply, the applicant has been employed in the occupation to which the appointment relates for at least 3 years before making the application

Some of the methods of demonstrating vocational English language ability include:

the nominee’s first language was English and they have a current passport from the United Kingdom, United States, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...equirement.htm

Regards,

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:
Apple:AUS VISA
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote