Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Skilled migration

Notices

Looking for Employer Sponsored Jobs in Australia
Old 31st October 2010, 07:02 PM   #1
Rashid

Default Looking for Employer Sponsored Jobs in Australia

Hi All,

I have recently completed Masters in Engineering from Swinburne University, Melbourne ( 1 year course) and have the following work experience.

- 3 months - industrial training as an apprentice motor mechanic from a mechanical workshop Melbourne ( April 2008 - June 2008)

- 2.5 years - working as a Junior Engineer specialization Mechanical Maintenance Services ( May 2005 - October 2007)

I am currently in Malaysia and would like to migrate to Australia, in search for an employer sponsored position, anywhere in Australia ( regional or non regional) - as I understand this is my only way of migration to Australia (I do not qualify for GSM visa option).

I have been looking for an employer sponsored jobs online but have not been able to find any such jobs. Any assistance or advice will be greatly appreciated.

NB: My siblings are citizens of Australia and if required, they are willing to provide sponsorship support.

Thank you

Regards, Rashid

Old 1st November 2010, 08:14 AM   #2
nvoorst

Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

Why don't you qualify for any of the GSM visas ? As for finding an employer, have you considered taking a little vacation to Australia to find and meet potential employers ?

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:
Apple:AUS VISA
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2010, 04:52 PM   #3
Rashid

Hi, the reason I don't qualify for GSM visa is because i don't have the working experience that is required to obtain GSM visas. I was in Melbourne for a year studying and recently left in August 2010 when my student visa expired.

Meeting with potential employers? I am happy to come down anytime, but i do not know where to search for employers who will be willing to sponsor me for employment. All the jobs posted online requires for current work visa or residency status. Do you know of any employer sponsored positions?( in the mechanical engineering field)

Thanks
Rashid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2010, 09:51 PM   #4
Robert K Chelliah

Kandralingam Chelliah Registered Migration Agent
MARN 9254011

Hi Rashid

There is a WA Mining and Lif Style expo (WAMEX) at the Claremont Show ground from 10/11/2010 to 13/11/2010 where about 200 companies are taking part. I suggest take trrip to Perth and meet these companies HR people. MY firm has Stand/Booth No.13 at the expo. Or Call me in Petaling jaya , SS 2/41 or call me on 0123482961.

Cheers
Email : rkc@austmigration.com.sg
www.austmigration.com.au
Tel: +61 8 92464088
Robert K Chelliah is offline   Reply With Quote