Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Health and Character Issues

Notices

Rheumatoid arthritis
Old 12th April 2017, 09:40 AM   #1
GandG

Default Rheumatoid arthritis

Hi,

I have recently applied for the de facto partenrship visa and have just received notice that my medical did not pass. The reason being is that I have rheumatoid arthritis and have done since I was 11. I have been in complete remission now for 3 years and the only medical treatment as such I need is blood tests to monitor my condition.

I will be returning to the UK for a month in July and will be going to visit my consultant in Leeds (UK) I will continue to be a patient of theirs in the future, as due to family reasons will always be visiting the country at least once a year. In this time I can collect medication needed. The medication I currently take has decreased to 1 every 3 weeks and is likely to further decrease after my appointment in July.

I would like to make it clear that I do not use medical services here for my prescriptions and never will. My relationship with my consultant at home is one I would like to continue and utilise.

If I get a statement from them explaining this do you think that would help in my medical waiver? I am a fit 25 yr old who does not need medical attention due to being in remission and this is what I would like to make clear.

Thank so much for your help.

Grace