Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Parents migration

Notices

How to withdraw the 820 Sponsorship if still in relationship
Old 3rd September 2015, 11:59 AM   #1
MFA

Default How to withdraw the 820 Sponsorship if still in relationship

Hi There

My story is complicated and a brief about it is that I sponsored my wife 2 years ago for 820 visa and she stayed for a few months overseas within these 2 years since visa grant. In short her 2 years havn't been completed yet. We also have a kid too.

We are still not divorced and We do not have any case in the court. All I know is that I can't see my relationship going forward in the future. I did all those useless efforts to build my home with her but all in vain. During many of our talks I found her intention of marrying me was to get AUS PR only and now as her time of 2 years stay to get AUS PR is reaching, she is withdrawing from fulfilling any responsibilities towards me in steps and in very organised way and I feel myself being used by her. Before it is too late I want to withdraw the sponsorship for 820 before she gets PR. (please guid in steps what to do), I don't want to divorce her at this stage but I want to create another chance for her to make a life with me by not having her PR intentions fulfilled.
Secondly please tell what will happen after the sponsorship withdrawn. I want her to know there is still a life without PR and there is still a family without PR. What more can i do other than winding up everything from Australia and relocating to any other country even if she can't stay after sponsorship withdrawn.
I dont want my kids and my home to suffer with this divorce thingy.

Old 4th September 2015, 04:39 AM   #2
Zoltan Bertok

Zoltan Bertok Registered Migration Agent
MARN 9578607

Read this first, please:

http://forum.migrationhelp.com.au/showthread.php?t=2014

After the withdrawal, you will get a letter from the Department, like this one:

I confirm that the department has received your recent notification that you wish to withdraw your nomination.
This fulfils your obligations in regard to the visa application. As you are no longer a party to the application, Australian privacy law will prevent the Department from discussing any details of the case with you from now on. Please note that this means it will not be possible to tell you the outcome of the application, whether or not the visa applicant is in Australia, or any other information about this particular case, but does not prevent you from supplying information to the Department if you so choose.