Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > English test

Notices

Question regarding DIAC Immigration Form 80
Old 18th October 2013, 07:12 AM   #1
indtoaus

Default Question regarding DIAC Immigration Form 80

I have a question regarding Immigration Form # 80. On this form, question number 57 Part H - Character details asks, Have you, or any other person included in this application, ever: been charged with any offence or have proceedings against you overseas or in Australia.

Now, in 2006 I was involved in a minor skirmish due to which a police complaint was lodged by myself and the other party. The ensuing case was settled out of court by mutual agreement of all parties concerned and I was acquitted of all charges by a court order in Feb 2011. Currently, I have no civil or criminal cases pending in my name in any court in India. I am well settled with wife and child and currently employed in an MNC. I have applied for Visa 189 after the invite by DIAC and now have to fill out the Immigration Form # 80.

With the above in mind, please let me know what I should state against the said question # 57 Part H. If I answer yes to the above question, will it adversely affect my VISA prospects and cause hindrance to my VISA approval? I again reiterate, currently no cases of any nature are pending against me.

Looking forward to your reply,

Thank You