Notices

Old 23rd October 2016, 03:55 PM   #11
nvoorst

Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel View Post
Hi there

My partner just cancelled our 820 partnership visa. We have been a genuine couple for 3 and a half years and I was very close (a matter of a few weeks/month) to get my pr granted.
My ex partner experienced a severe trauma last year and has been in therapy and phycological professional support since then. She got bitten by a italian mustaf (70 kg dog) in the face and suffered severe injury. She had to undertake serious plastic surgery. Our relationship suffered severely under those circumstances. There has been frequent mental stress, accuse and verbal abuse towards me from her. This all can be stated by several friends of our community and psychologists. Would there be a chance for me to appeal the refusal of my partnership visa as this could be seen as a form of domestic violence. My ex partner would probably testify this as well and maybe even take on a sponsorship again (we won't be a couple though at the moment)
I would appreciate any advice
The best advice I can give you is to get some professional assistance. A public forum is not the right place to comment of issues of such a personal nature. If you can provide evidence that you have suffered family violence , you may still be considered for permanent residency.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:
Apple:AUS VISA
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Partner Visa 801 & Escalating Adultery
Old 1st July 2017, 07:50 AM   #12
Pbqld

Default Partner Visa 801 & Escalating Adultery

Good Morning,

I would like some advice please on an issue im facing.

I have been in a Defacto relationship for 3 Years, Accepted for my 801 application and am 8 months into my Perm Residency application.
From the start the relationship has gone from great to good and recently unbearable and thus I feel like I have to put up with emotional abuse to stay in Australia but am considering returning to the UK, although I would really prefer to keep my job and life built here.
It started with regularly sneaking out to meet people from dating sites for one night stands, but recently turned to calling me at work to let me know he has someone at our home for sex, but is sorry. Yet the person is still there 4 hours later when I finish and arrive home (so much for the apology). There have also been instances of being told whilst sitting at home, a visitor will be calling in 5 mins, to which no amount of objection from myself is able to change that. He even called me up at home once to ask me to entertain for him until he got there.
When he has sex with them in our apartment bed I am usually sat well within hearing distance and have to choose to stay or roam around streets until he is finished or pay to stay at a hotel for the night.
With all this in mind he assures me we are in a 'monogamous loving relationship' and it is all a result of me not providing enough sex as he would like.
I feel like I am holding onto the last of my pride trying to keep us together but Its becoming unbearable and affecting my mental health. There is no remorse from him for his actions or signs of it getting better.
What options do I have if any to remain in Aus if we separate before Perm Residency is approved. I have heaps of evidence including messages of admission/details on my phone.
Any information you can provide can help please. I really much happier in Aus.

Regards
Pbqld is offline   Reply With Quote
Temporary Resident on 309 visa/Domestic violence case
Old 25th July 2017, 11:06 PM   #13
Zephyr360

Default Temporary Resident on 309 visa/Domestic violence case

Hi Everyone,

I find myself in a difficult situation and need your advise. I have been in Australia for the past 3 years as Temporary resident on Spouse visa 309. During these 3 years of marriage, I have been a victim of domestic violence, although not physically but extreme victimization through verbal and mental torture.
We live with my husband's parents and his other siblings are a daily visitor to the house. My husband stops me from going out of home, making any friends or having any sort of social life. Every time is ask to either meet any friend, or even call them home, he turns this into a fight and calls me names in front of his family. All he expects and explicitly says is that I should just stay home, take care of the household, attend to his parents and siblings.

I have given my best to the relationship in the past 3 years in the hope that things would get better with time. I am now so scared of my husband that I can't even have a normal relationship with him out of fear of fight, verbal abuses and followed by a family-wide boycott and this has even changed by personality and I live in constant fear.
I have studied medicine and hold a professional degree, I wanted to pursue a career but my husband doesn't allow me and we have had numerous fights over the same reason.

My husband insisted that we should have a baby (although I didn't want it) but his and his parents constant pressure made me change my decision. Again hoping that this might change my circumstances.

We now have a newborn and within 10 days of his birth, the fights started again and much more aggressive in terms of verbal abuse.

I took all the abuse while I was alone but not anymore while there is a child involved and hence moved to my sister's house, who is on PR in Australia, a month back.

Kindly help me in answering the below questions:

1) Since the abuse is not physical and no evidence is available, can I still use domestic violence clauses to get PR? how?
2) Should I notify the department? There is no divorce yet but only separation. what would they ask in that case?
3) In case my husband withdraws the sponsorship, what would happen to me and my newborn kid?
Zephyr360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 11:16 PM   #14
nvoorst

MARN 0640648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr360 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I find myself in a difficult situation and need your advise. I have been in Australia for the past 3 years as Temporary resident on Spouse visa 309.

In case my husband withdraws the sponsorship, what would happen to me and my newborn kid?
If there is a child of the relationship, you may be eligible for permanent residence, even if the relationship has broken down. Your best option is to get some professional advice to sort this situation out. Do not allow yourself to remain a victim of this type of abuse.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
Old 27th July 2017, 04:33 PM   #15
Zephyr360

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvoorst View Post
If there is a child of the relationship, you may be eligible for permanent residence, even if the relationship has broken down. Your best option is to get some professional advice to sort this situation out. Do not allow yourself to remain a victim of this type of abuse.
Hi, thanks for your help. Can you please elaborate if I should see a family law expert or a migration lawyer? Do think it will be advisable to talk to 1800RESPECT regarding this issue.
Thanks once again.
Zephyr360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2017, 05:47 PM   #16
nvoorst

MARN 0640648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr360 View Post
Hi, thanks for your help. Can you please elaborate if I should see a family law expert or a migration lawyer? Do think it will be advisable to talk to 1800RESPECT regarding this issue.
Thanks once again.
For anything to do with family violence or child custody you should see a family lawyer or legal centre. 1800RESPECT will be a good starting point.

For the visa issues you should see a registered migration agent. If there is a child of the relationship and you have joint or sole custody, you should have a good chance of getting PR.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP: