Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Health and Character Issues

Notices

health waiver in QLD
Old 31st May 2011, 10:39 AM   #1
justhope

Default health waiver in QLD

Hi, everyone

I am currently applying 856 visa and it has been several weeks since my first case officer told me that there was nothing else I needed to submit "at the time" and the application would be transferred to a team handling health. Nothing has been heard since then. My agent told me that it could take months and i know I should trust her, but I just cant sit back and relax when there is even no one acknowledging receiving my application and starting the cost process
Just wondering whether there is anyone here can share some time line

Thanks a lot
R

Old 31st May 2011, 11:51 PM   #2
Robert K Chelliah

Kandralingam Chelliah Registered Migration Agent
MARN 9254011

Hi Justhope

What your agent advised you is correct.Simply there are just not enough medical professionals with the system to review that number of cases they would be required to review. I know this does not help an a visa applicant.

So long as the lodgments, tracking number, records of communication are kept in order one need not worry about lack of acknowldgement . The system has a reasonable secured flow of cases. Patience mixed with anxiety is a hard bitter pill to swallow.

Cheers
Email : rkc@austmigration.com.sg
www.austmigration.com.au
Tel: +61 8 92464088
Robert K Chelliah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 11:05 AM   #3
justhope

Hi, Robert

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I just need to wait...

I did not realize that the DIAC did not have enough MOCs to process the health estimations as on Wed March 17th, 2010, the chief medical officer told the MPs in a hearing of the parliament that they were processing the cases submitted that Monday, which meant that there was only two days delay. But, well, this is not 2010 and I guess we can't believe all they have told to the public
justhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 11:30 AM   #4
justhope

-----------
Old 28th June 2011, 09:25 PM   #5
justhope

---------------
Could you tell us more about the process please?
Old 12th August 2011, 09:56 AM   #6
BabyBone

Default Could you tell us more about the process please?

Hi Justhope,

How are things going with your Health Waiver application? Do you taking us through the steps? My husband got an email from his case manager (I'm an Aussie citizen, he's applying for spouse visa). They said he didn't satisfy the health requirement so they are proceeding with a health waiver submission. They will email us again later.

We now know from your post that it will take long. How long did it take from getting the invite to submit a health waiver? And, did you get it in the end? (I hope you did).

Cheers, BB
BabyBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2011, 07:26 PM   #7
justhope

Hi, BabyBone.
I am still waiting for the decision from the Immigration, the national office in Canberra. So finger crossed....
they will give you 28 days to prepare a submission for the waiver but from the case officer actually they are happy to give you extension to prepare as much information as possible
As my visa is under the skilled category, it can be a bit different from the spouse visa but I am happy to provide the information I got.
Old 18th October 2011, 01:44 PM   #8
enamul_bd202

Hello,

Can any one know is there any possibility of getting health weaver for subclass 885? I applied for this subclass but getting fear whether I will get health weaver or not. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Enamul
enamul_bd202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2011, 01:47 PM   #9
enamul_bd202

Hi Justhope,

What is your current status now? Have you been granted permanent residency?
Enamul
enamul_bd202 is offline   Reply With Quote