Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Waiting times

Notices

457 health waiver
Old 28th April 2013, 05:45 AM   #1
anitalund

Default 457 health waiver

My son's visa was declined (as part of the family unit, he has Downs Syndrome) they said he didn't meet the health requirement but have said that we can apply for a health waiver, they have estimated the amount at $9000 (so you can guess how marginally affected he is by his learning difficulty). Anyway, by the by, that process of getting to where we are took 3 months and I'm trying to find out how long the health waiver application will take to be processed which seems to be impossible. Anyone have any clue? It sounds straight forward (you'd guess a letter signed from the sponsor saying they'll stump up the cash) but on further investigation it doesn't sound quite as cut and dried. Hope to hear from someone who can share an experience or has some knowledge of such things. ps - the migration company we are dealing with have said they cannot provide timescales, the troble is, my hubby is already working out there while the rest of us are stuck in the UK