Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Other migration questions

Notices

Tourist visa after Work and Holiday Visa
Old 6th April 2016, 06:36 PM   #1
alinamayra

Default Tourist visa after Work and Holiday Visa

Hi !

I am new in this forum and hopefully someone could help me .
I am in Australia in this moment with Work and Holiday Visa (462) and this expires in June. I want to work as much as possible and because of I am working now, my plan is working until the end of the visa, however, after that, I would like to have holidays in Australia.
I know my Visa has the condition 8503, so I have to leave the country when my Visa expires, but I would like to apply from New Zealand. In summary my idea is: leave the country, spend 1 week in New Zeland, come back to Australia with a tourist visa. Can I do that or could I have any problem? Do I need any evidence to show that my intention is not being here more than 2 months?

Thanks!

Old 6th April 2016, 09:32 PM   #2
nvoorst

Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinamayra View Post
Hi !

I am new in this forum and hopefully someone could help me .
I am in Australia in this moment with Work and Holiday Visa (462) and this expires in June. I want to work as much as possible and because of I am working now, my plan is working until the end of the visa, however, after that, I would like to have holidays in Australia.
I know my Visa has the condition 8503, so I have to leave the country when my Visa expires, but I would like to apply from New Zealand. In summary my idea is: leave the country, spend 1 week in New Zeland, come back to Australia with a tourist visa. Can I do that or could I have any problem? Do I need any evidence to show that my intention is not being here more than 2 months?

Thanks!
Hi and welcome to the forum,

I'd probably stay away for more than a week, before applying for a tourist visa. Note that your current visa is a work AND holiday visa. It is expected that you won't just be working, but having some holidays as well. You definitely will need to provide evidence that you will meet the " genuine temporary visitor" requirements.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:
Apple:AUS VISA
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote