Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Other migration questions

Notices

457 VISA GRANT.Time you arrive or time it is granted?
Old 23rd June 2012, 11:53 AM   #1
Lindii

Default 457 VISA GRANT.Time you arrive or time it is granted?

When you are granted a 457 visa, does the 4 year temp visa time begin from the time you arrive or the time it is granted?
thanks,
Lindii

Old 24th June 2012, 10:42 AM   #2
nvoorst

Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindii View Post
When you are granted a 457 visa, does the 4 year temp visa time begin from the time you arrive or the time it is granted?
thanks,
Lindii
It is valid from the date it is granted, not from day of arrival. In the visa grant letter it clearly states the validity period of the visa.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:
Apple:AUS VISA
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Visa granted!!!!!
Old 5th July 2012, 08:50 PM   #3
Lindii

Default Visa granted!!!!!

Thanks for that.I Am pleased to announce my partner was granted a 457 Visa today!!! I am over the moon.Going for the work Visa was our best option rather than Fiancee Visa.It took 1 and a half months once it was lodged...QUICK!!!!
We can now do things on our time frame which suits us. This web site has been a great source of information during this 3 and a half year journey to get him here .Quite a love story....Reuniting after 36 years when I lived in South Africa...A dream come true.
Lindii is offline   Reply With Quote