Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Partner migration

Notices

Old 2nd August 2010, 09:00 PM   #11
Migration Help

Damo

Please come back to the forum and let us know what response you get from the Victorian authorities - it will help anyone else in a similar situation.

Good luck!

MH
Migration Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 07:36 PM   #12
damo

I just wanted to let you know that we were successful in getting our relationship registered with the Victorian government. It was a case of showing that I had lived in Victoria for a substantial period of time (which I had done, almost 2 years) and providing evidence to prove it.

I done this through the help of an immigraion agent and they liased with BDM on my behalf, im not sure if it would of been successful if i had of gone alone but in my opinion my agent played a big part. although it worked for me obviously there's still no gaurentees for anyone else but i wish everyone the best
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 08:09 PM   #13
Migration Help

Thanks for the update Damo and congratulations on getting your registration through. Not everyone who tries to do this in Victoria have been as fortunate as you. Good luck with the rest of the process.

MH
Migration Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 06:45 PM   #14
damo

Just to let you know, I got my visa accepted on the 29th April this year. I only received written confirmation in the mail today.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
DBM VIC confirmation - seeking registration for domestic relationship
Old 25th July 2011, 06:50 PM   #15
Jpoh

Default DBM VIC confirmation - seeking registration for domestic relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
I just wanted to let you know that we were successful in getting our relationship registered with the Victorian government. It was a case of showing that I had lived in Victoria for a substantial period of time (which I had done, almost 2 years) and providing evidence to prove it.

I done this through the help of an immigraion agent and they liased with BDM on my behalf, im not sure if it would of been successful if i had of gone alone but in my opinion my agent played a big part. although it worked for me obviously there's still no gaurentees for anyone else but i wish everyone the best
Hi Damo,

Congrats ! Guess I'm kinda of similar situation here. Just wondering which migration agent you went to in order to consult about this matter? I am guessing your agent did a fantastic job simply because he/she knows her stuff.

I went and ask a few migration agents here in Melbourne,VIC and the only response I get so far from them is "You need to stay with your partner for at least 12months" which is kinda annoying because this statement contradicts the requirement for a domestic relationship registration (by DBM VIC) i.e. 12 months of legal stay in VIC for both applicants & surely NOT RESIDING TOGETHER WITH YOUR PARTNER FOR AT LEAST 12 MONTHS. Hence if you look at the registration form, there are 2 separate columns for residential address for both applicants and certainly not just ONE to imply that both of you are staying together.

And I've talked with the cust. service personnel in DBM and apparently you can have separate residential address. That's great especially when we do not have enough evidence that we are staying together under the same roof for the fact that we are truly committed to each other. Once you've got your relationship registered, then you basically could claim extra points in the new point test, after 1st july 2011 or to apply for the partner visa apart from getting the "12-month stay with partner" waived.

I personally think that for whichever situation that we are in, it's important to consult DBM first and then talk to the migration agents (if applicable) to re-clarify this matter.

And Damo, congrats again and hope you enjoy your stay in Oz and please...could you send me the details of your migration agent to jasonspitziri@yahoo.com. Thanks heaps

Regards,
Jpoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 05:59 PM   #16
Fred

Damo - I am in the same situation you were some time ago, and I need to get in touch with the migration assistant that you used ASAP. Would you be able to send his contact info to frederikeriksen@hotmail.com ? This would be extremely useful. Thank you.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 07:08 PM   #17
Richard Quirin

Richard Quirin Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0848935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Damo - I am in the same situation you were some time ago, and I need to get in touch with the migration assistant that you used ASAP. Would you be able to send his contact info to frederikeriksen@hotmail.com ? This would be extremely useful. Thank you.
Hi Fred,

Am in Melbourne and can assist you in this regard. (you can search my posts to see my past comments on this issue).

If your situation is urgent, email me, I will give you a free consultation tomorrow or by phone this evening.

Cheers

Richard Quirin (Principal Immigration Consultant)
(BA, Masters (Inter. Relations), Grad. Cert. Immi Law)
MARN: 0848935

GiC G L O B A L I M M I G R A T I O N C O N S U L T I N G
Head Office
Suite 4, 146-148, Walker Street
Dandenong, Melbourne
Victoria, Australia, 3175
Tel No: +61 3 9791 6686
Fax: +61 3 9791 6661
International Site: http://www.gicaustralia.com
Email: richard.quirin@gicaustralia.com.au
Skype ID : gicaustralia

The post above is of a general nature. It does not constitute the provision of immigration advice and or assistance. You should not rely upon the information provided in this post. Should you wish to seek immigration advice we will first provide you with an IRMAP
Richard Quirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2012, 11:12 AM   #18
jacarandas

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would ask my question on this thread, since it is something related.

My boyfriend and I are planning ahead. He is on a working holiday visa, while I'm a graduate student. He stays over at my place several days a week. While it makes sense to move out together, it is impossible for me to move out with him till I finish my graduate studies (probably end of 2013). This is due to the rental prices here, and that it is just easier for me to stay on campus.

I am just wondering what is the likelihood of getting a defacto visa without living together for 12 months, but getting our relationship registered? We are planning to open a joint bank account as well. Would having the relationship registered offset the lack of proof of living together for 12 months?

Thanks
jacarandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Partner visa
Old 22nd June 2016, 03:17 PM   #19
lewisfrompom

Default Partner visa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvoorst View Post
Damo,

It is really fairly simple.

If you want to apply for a spouse visa in Australia, you must either get married or satisfy the 12 month de-facto relationship requirement.

Offshore, there is also the prospective marriage visa.

In all cases you must provide evidence that your relationship is genuine and continuing. You either will have to wait, so you can satisfy the 12 month de-facto requirement or you must get married.

If you want to wait, then you either will have to get some other visa to stay here or leave Australia and apply offshore.

Regards,

Nick
So In theory if we are married and only been together 3 months then that is ok for no 12 month wait? also my wife is on a student visa here in Australia would the bridging visa cancel out the student visa so we do not have to pay for studies any more , currently she can work 20 hours, will she be able to continue to work on the bridging visa whilst waiting for temporary, Thanks

Lewis
lewisfrompom is offline   Reply With Quote
register relationship
Old 16th August 2016, 08:56 PM   #20
carolina lourenco

Default register relationship

Hello, have you been living in Australia for at least one year?
I registered my relationship with my boyfriend, I jus had to show our bank statements for the last 12 months. So I could prove that we both have been living in Victoria for 12 months consecutively
carolina lourenco is offline   Reply With Quote