Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Partner migration

Notices

Confusion with the 47sp and 40sp forms
Old 29th August 2016, 12:53 AM   #1
ejona

Default Confusion with the 47sp and 40sp forms

Hey guys. My partner and I are applying online for the 820 Defacto Partnership Visa. I was wondering if I can get some advice regarding the 47sp and 40sp forms for the partner visa as I am sitting here a bit confused, trying to figure everything out.

My Australian partner is sponsoring me and we are doing an online application. Logging in my Immi account, I started an Application for Migration to Australia by a Partner which has 26 questions. Is that considered the 47sp for me? If so, does my Australian partner (the sponsor) also need to create an Immi account and start his own application for sponsoring me at the same time? If thats the case, how will they know the two applications from two different Immi accounts are related and what is a Transaction Reference Number (TRN) that they ask the sponsor for at the beginning of his application? If we do this online, do we also need to download and fill out separately the pdf 47sp and 40sp forms https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/47sp.pdf and attach them to our application when we provide all the other forms and supporting documents?
Help is much appreciated in these stressful times. Thank you in advance.

Old 30th August 2016, 08:06 AM   #2
nvoorst

Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejona View Post
Hey guys. My partner and I are applying online for the 820 Defacto Partnership Visa. I was wondering if I can get some advice regarding the 47sp and 40sp forms for the partner visa as I am sitting here a bit confused, trying to figure everything out.

My Australian partner is sponsoring me and we are doing an online application. Logging in my Immi account, I started an Application for Migration to Australia by a Partner which has 26 questions. Is that considered the 47sp for me? If so, does my Australian partner (the sponsor) also need to create an Immi account and start his own application for sponsoring me at the same time? If thats the case, how will they know the two applications from two different Immi accounts are related and what is a Transaction Reference Number (TRN) that they ask the sponsor for at the beginning of his application? If we do this online, do we also need to download and fill out separately the pdf 47sp and 40sp forms https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/47sp.pdf and attach them to our application when we provide all the other forms and supporting documents?
Help is much appreciated in these stressful times. Thank you in advance.
Your partner does his own (sponsor) application, using the TRN of your application as a reference. He can't start his application until yours has been lodged.Alternatively, he can complete form 40 SP and attach it to your application.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:
Apple:AUS VISA
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2016, 08:42 PM   #3
ejona

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your kind reply, its quite helpful. So does that mean that I will not have to fill the 47sp form separately and attach it to my documents? I ask this question simply because I noticed the 47sp pdf form is slightly different from the 26 online questions I get to answer online when lodging my application.

Thank you for your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvoorst View Post
Your partner does his own (sponsor) application, using the TRN of your application as a reference. He can't start his application until yours has been lodged.Alternatively, he can complete form 40 SP and attach it to your application.
ejona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2016, 08:46 PM   #4
nvoorst

MARN 0640648

Quote:
Hello nvoorst,

Thank you for your kind reply, its quite helpful. So does that mean that I will not have to fill the 47sp form separately and attach it to my documents? I ask this question simply because I noticed the 47sp pdf form is slightly different from the 26 online questions I get to answer online when lodging my application.

Thank you for your time.
Correct. When you do the online application, you are actually using the electronic version of form 47 SP, so no need to do the paper form as well.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
Old 30th August 2016, 09:48 PM   #5
ejona

Thank you for that Nick. Now this whole thing is more clear to me. I have one more question if you dont mind I am not totally certain of what documents exactly I need to get certified. Obviously we will have to certify our passports, birth certificates, drivers license and the Registered Relationship Certificate. But other than that, do I need to certify our individual and joint bank statements, electricity/gas bills, phone bills, etc?

Also, I will be scanning and uploading letters we have received in the same address to prove that we have lived together throughout different months. Should I be highlighting dates on top of the individual bank letters,and joint electricity and gas bills etc, to make it easier for the CO to see the dates belonging to different months, since in some letters the date is not in the headline and one must look through the letter?

Thanks a lot for all your help, its greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Correct. When you do the online application, you are actually using the electronic version of form 47 SP, so no need to do the paper form as well.
Old 30th August 2016, 09:54 PM   #6
nvoorst

MARN 0640648

Quote:
Thank you for that Nvoorst. Now this whole thing is more clear to me. I have one more question if you dont mind I am not totally certain of what documents exactly I need to get certified. Obviously we will have to certify our passports, birth certificates, drivers license and the Registered Relationship Certificate. But other than that, do I need to certify our individual and joint bank statements, electricity/gas bills, phone bills, etc?

Also, I will be scanning and uploading letters we have received in the same address to prove that we have lived together throughout different months. Should I be highlighting dates on top of the individual bank letters,and joint electricity and gas bills etc, to make it easier for the CO to see the dates belonging to different months, since in some letters the date is not in the headline and one must look through the letter?

Thanks a lot for all your help, its greatly appreciated.
With an online application, you would typically only use good quality colour scans of the original document. No need to certify them, unless specifically requested. You can combine pdf documents, so you don't have to upload so many individual ones. It is best to have everything ready, so you can upload them all after the application has been lodged. Additional documents can be attached to the sponsor apllication.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:

Old 30th August 2016, 10:11 PM   #7
ejona

Thanks a lot Nick. You have been very helpful

Quote:
With an online application, you would typically only use good quality colour scans of the original document. No need to certify them, unless specifically requested. You can combine pdf documents, so you don't have to upload so many individual ones. It is best to have everything ready, so you can upload them all after the application has been lodged. Additional documents can be attached to the sponsor apllication.
Old 30th August 2016, 10:58 PM   #8
ejona

Hey Nick, seems like I am not sleeping tonight. Really nervous about getting everything done and getting it done right.

Filling out the online Application for migration to Australia by a partner, one of the last questions is: "Has the applicant been in any previous relationships with persons other than the sponsor?" I had a relationship which ended two years before I met my current partner, but it was just a boyfriend and girlfriend kind of relationship, were were never defacto or at the partner level, we were just college dates. If I answer yes, its asking me to give details such as my ex boyfriends name, date of birth etc. How should I answer this question? When they ask about relationships, do they mean de facto or partner level relationships or any kind of relationships? Also the following question after that is: " Has the sponsor been in any previous relationships with persons other than the applicant?" Again, my partner had a girlfriend a few years before we met, they were in high school. How should we answer this?

Quote:
Old 30th August 2016, 11:03 PM   #9
nvoorst

MARN 0640648

You'd only include " formal" relationships, like engaged, de-facto or married, not boyfriend/ girlfriend relationships that did not evolve any further.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:

Old 12th March 2017, 01:48 AM   #10
priyank

Hi All,

Can the 40SP sponsor online application be submitted using the applicants immiaccount through which the 47SP was lodged? ie. Does the sponsor have to create an ImmiAccount and then separately lodge the 40SP?

Thanks.
priyank is offline   Reply With Quote