Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Family migration

Notices

Wrong Post code of Designated Area
Old 16th October 2016, 10:08 AM   #1
mjunaid

Default Wrong Post code of Designated Area

Dear all,
Thanks for reading my post.

i want to ask from experienced people here that i had uploaded an EOI on skillselect. Now i have been invited to lodge a visa application for 489 (Family Sponsored), but when i was reviewing the EOI after invitation i found that postcode i entered of my brother (who is sponsoring me) was wrong. my brother is living in a suburb of WA, however, i entered the post code of its neighboring suburb (just a five minutes walk from my brothers address).

Now my question is whether i should apply my visa on this EOI by entering the correct postcode in visa application or should i wait for another invitation from DIBP after expiry of this EOI with correct Postcode. i dont know about the implications of applying on the EOI in which i have entered wrong Post code.

Thanks for the help

Old 18th October 2016, 07:32 PM   #2
nvoorst

Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

Not quite sure what would be the best way to tackle it. If the correct postcode is also eligible and it won't affect your application in terms of meeting the requirements, you could try and use a form 1023 (https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1023.pdf) to rectify the mistake, when you lodge the visa application. You could always try and contact DIBP and see what they say.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:
Apple:AUS VISA
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2016, 10:16 AM   #3
mjunaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvoorst View Post
Not quite sure what would be the best way to tackle it. If the correct postcode is also eligible and it won't affect your application in terms of meeting the requirements, you could try and use a form 1023 (https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1023.pdf) to rectify the mistake, when you lodge the visa application. You could always try and contact DIBP and see what they say.
How should i contact with DIBP as they only entertain the complaints only from applicants who have submitted their visa application? please help me in this regard???
mjunaid is offline   Reply With Quote