Go Back   Migration Help > Migration > Partner migration

Notices

Visa/Work status between Prospective Marraige Visa and Temporary Spouse Visa?
Old 2nd August 2011, 07:53 PM   #1
pinkleah

Default Visa/Work status between Prospective Marraige Visa and Temporary Spouse Visa?

Hi All,

My question is regarding the visa or conditions that are given with the various visa:

Prospective Marraige Visa: When this visa is granted I know you have 9 months to marry, but what are the conditions to work in Australia during this time until the wedding? Also are there restrictions about going in and out of Australia during this time?

Temporary Spouse Visa (Onshore): After the wedding it is understood that you apply for this visa, again what are the work conditions for this (suddenly worried about this as have been reading about the long waiting times), and if no work is required then can you be overseas working whilst waiting?!

My Fianace is from Trinidad (I am the Aussie) and has applied to the Australian Embassy in Canada (Ottowa) and so far we have heard nothing - applied in May 2011. Ottowa told us NOT to send medicals with the application but that they would ask for them if needed. Frustrating!

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Old 3rd August 2011, 11:21 AM   #2
nvoorst

Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

"Ottowa told us NOT to send medicals with the application but that they would ask for them if needed."

Best to just follow their instruction. As for your other question, see below :

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/part...ospective/300/

What does the visa let me do?

With this visa, you:

must enter Australia before you marry your fiancé
may leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you wish before your visa ceases (nine months after visa grant)
can work in Australia
can apply for a Partner visa in Australia after you marry your fiancé
can study, but you will not have access to government funding
may use Australia's medical expenses and hospital care assistance scheme, Medicare, but only if you are in Australia and have already applied for a Partner visa.

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:
Apple:AUS VISA
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 01:30 PM   #3
pinkleah

Hi there,

Thanks for your quick response.

Another question: after getting married on the PMV I understand that you have to apply for the Partner Visa - do you have to be in Australia for this? Or, if you have to be in Australia to apply do you have to stay in Australia or can you go in and out?

Thanks again,
pinkleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 02:27 PM   #4
nvoorst

Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

You must be in Australia and you must be onshore both for making the application and for visa grant. You will get a Bridging Visa, which will enable you to stay in Australia during processing of the spouse visa.

Regards,

Nick

Contact

www.ausvisa.net.au

Get the APP:
Apple:AUS VISA
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 03:00 PM   #5
downundervisa

Jeffrey Peter Harvie Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0959797

....and if you wish to LEAVE Australia after you get your Bridging Visa A, you need to apply for a Bridging Visa B.

Registered Migration Agent MARN 0959797

Offices in Brisbane QLD, and (main office) Manila Philippines

Email Me

www.downundervisa.com.au,
www.filipinawives.com.au,
www.fiancevisaphilippines.com.au,
www.spousevisaphilippines.com.au
downundervisa is offline   Reply With Quote