View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2015, 10:05 AM   #2
nvoorst's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cairns
Posts: 1,071
Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

Originally Posted by georg1e View Post
Hi, my husbands parents are currently on a bridging visa waiting to be granted an Aged parents visa 804 - non contributory. They have been on this bridging visa since 2009 and as of yet have not travelled outside Australia. We have just booked a cruise around the South Pacific in October and I was wondering if anyone knew if they could travel outside Australia on this bridging document. They would like to disembark at the islands also;Noumea, Lifou and Villa. TIA Georg1e
They will need to apply for a Bridging Visa B no later than 2 weeks before departure (preferably earlier). If the Bridging Visa B is granted they should also ensure that they allow for delays and unforeseen circumstances and arrive back in Australia well before the travel facility expires.

While the Bridging Visa B will remain in effect once they return, the travel facility has an expiry date . Note that the bridging Visa A will cease when they leave Australia.
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648


Get the APP:
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote