View Single Post
Old 1st July 2016, 12:58 PM   #2
nvoorst's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cairns
Posts: 1,073
Nick van Voorst van Beest Registered Migration Agent
MARN 0640648

Originally Posted by lucawalt View Post
Hi there, my name is Luca and I hold an Italian passport.
Currently I work as a chef for over 4 years here in Australia.
I got my skills recognized through RPL and now i have certificate 3 and 4 in commercial cookery.
I am also studying a 2 years diploma in travel and tourism which i will complete at the beginning of August 2016.
I simulate a skills points test and I should score 65 points.
My question is:
Do i need to get my skills recognized from TRA even if I got the certifications through RPL?
In case i would have to undergo a skills assessment what documents should I submit to be assessed as a chef?

Thanks in advance

It would depend on which visa you would apply for. For skilled and permanent employer sponsored visas, you will generally need a full skills assessment. For the documentation required, check the TRA web site.
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648


Get the APP:
Android: AUS VISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances. Migration advice can only be provided after a contract has been entered into and the required fee has been paid.
nvoorst is offline   Reply With Quote