Migration Help

Migration Help (http://forum.migrationhelp.com.au/index.php)
-   How and where to find work in Australia? (http://forum.migrationhelp.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Employment in the Oil and Gas sector (http://forum.migrationhelp.com.au/showthread.php?t=1703)

Robert K Chelliah 14th December 2011 05:38 PM

Employment in the Oil and Gas sector

We are a recruiting firm servicing a select number of oil and gas engineering firms.
There are a few vacancies in the following areas in Australia:

Mechanical
• Basically anyone who has had design experience – piping, pipelines, rotating equipment ...etc

Electrical
• Can include electrical, instrumentation, control systems
• Example : Process
• Design based

Project Engineers
• All disciplines

Apart from Oil & Gas, I am also looking for people with water experience. Would also consider people with power transmission, distribution and generation experience. I am building relationships with clients telling them migration is a key strategy to fill talent gaps in the market.

Robert K Chelliah

Robert K Chelliah 15th December 2011 05:58 PM

Further vacancy in the medical field:

A regional Aboriginal Medical Service in North West WA urgently requires a GP medical practitioner with restricted or full practice licence. Good pay and remote region allowances with fully furnished accommodation.

Cheers

Amin Rahman 15th December 2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert K Chelliah (Hozzászólás 7056)
We are an recruiting firm as well servicing a select number of oil and gas engineering firms.
There are a few vacancies in the following areas in Australia:

As for oil & gas roles that I am seeking the following disciplines :

Mechanical
• Basically anyone who has had design experience – piping, pipelines, rotating equipment ...etc

Electrical
• Can include electrical, instrumentation, control systems
• Example : Process
• Design based

Project Engineers
• All disciplines

Apart from Oil & Gas, I am also looking into people with water experience. Would also consider people with power transmission, distribution and generation experience. I am building relationships with clients telling them migration is a key strategy to fill talent gaps in the market.

Robert K Chelliah

Thanks Robert. I have my seminar on Migration to Australia tomorrow. If I find anyone with the experience you (your clients) are seeking, I shall contact you.

Regards.

Robert K Chelliah 18th December 2011 05:39 PM

Do that Amin.

Cheers

Robert K Chelliah 22nd December 2011 12:29 AM

Engineers too are needed in Australia

Apart from Oil and Gas engineers, there is also a need for candidates with Power, Water and Building engineering experience that would be highly regarded. Especially Civil / structural engineers with bridge design experience.

Cheers

Savannah 31st December 2011 07:50 AM

How open employers are to oversea's workers

Hello,

Apologies I could not find how to post an original thread.

I have a question if I may? I work in the area of Compliance and AML in the financial services industury in Ireland ( funds to be more specific). It is not on a skilled list for immigration to Australia and I have used my working holiday visa many years ago.
There are a number of positions advertised in the areas of Compliance/Anti Money Laundering on the usual recruitment websites, that I would be more than capable of working in.I have 5 years experience in this area and have completed professional exams.
However are companies generally open to jobseekers from outside the country without a work visa. I know that the employer sponsor visa does not cost the company much ( I could be wrong with this statement!), but I would presume they would wish to fill the vacancies with local persons.

Would like to know if I would be wasting my time in applying direct.

Regards
Savannah

Robert K Chelliah 31st December 2011 04:23 PM

Hi

It is best you send directly to those companies that are looking for persons with your skills set. Some companies do sponsor overseases skilled professionals under temporary work permit, and if your lucky on a permanent residence ENS visa.

Cheers

Savannah 1st January 2012 06:05 AM

Thank you for your response,

Happy New Year.