PDA

View Full Version : 457 visa complications

JohnK
31st August 2010, 08:09 PM
Dear Sir or Madam,

I had a question about my problem before, I've not got answer. I copy my case and question again in the hope of any help. I think my problem may help for other forum visitors as well.

My name is John, Iím in Australia for more than 1 year. Iím a Hungarian citizen, expeienced carpenter/cabinet maker.

Iíve arrived as a student in the previous year. Before my student visa had been expired I had managed to apply for a 457 visa with the help of a maintenance company. Unfortunatelly, during the next months the company failed to give all the necessary documents to the Immigration Office, so my application had been refused at the end of the year. Couple of weeks later Iíve got all the papers from my sponsor, so I could appeal at the beginning of this year. Iím still waiting for the answer from the tribunal.

As I havenít got any job or news from my sponsor, I had to look for another sponsor Ė Iíve found one, who Iím currently working with. Unfortunatelly, my first sponsor-company has broken up, so I canít expect their help to complete my 457 visa application.

My new sponsor is waiting for to give all the papers I would need to start a new 457 visa application. I would like to ask, what can I do now? Iíve a sponsor, Iíve all the qualifications and experience that I need.

Thank you for the answer, kind regards

John

Robert K Chelliah
1st September 2010, 12:04 AM
Hi John
I persume you are on a Bridginging Visa A and if that is the case there is nothing to stop the new sponsor to nominate you for another 457 visa application.

Robert K Chelliah
rkc@austmigration.com.sg

JohnK
1st September 2010, 08:25 PM
Hi Robert,
Thank you for the quick answer!
I am not sure what is my visa number, I need to find out.
I've asked this question from different agents before, the answer was, that I am not allowed to send another application inshore, just offshore, because my original sponsor ceased. It doesn't make sense for me, because of my current job and new sponsor.
Does the type of my Bridging Visa have effect on the new nomination process?

Thanks again for the answer,
Kind regards

John

Robert K Chelliah
2nd September 2010, 02:34 PM
John
One phone call to DIAC, or better still, a visit, will put you on the right track. If you have engaged a comptetent agent he/she should be able to unravel your predcicament.

cheers

Robert K Chelliah
rkc@austmigration.com.sg