PDA

View Full Version : Search for Sponsors - IT

rahul
28th July 2010, 01:24 PM
hei all,
we are on 457 visa in australia from couple of years and planning to apply PR but hit roadbock that our IT occupation is not on SOL.

my employer does not have policy for ENS for PR (surprises me but). any pointers on how to find sponsor in IT field.

i have see lot of threads in this forum with people talking about their sponsors so looks like there are lot there in field but even a extensive search on internet does not yields results.

please advise

Migration Help
29th July 2010, 02:39 AM
Keep an eye out for the new Jobs sub-forum we are developing.

MH

rahul
3rd August 2010, 07:02 PM
hello MH,yup will surely doo.. but that be definitely one avenue. but what are other avenues, networking yes.but is there any agency/consultancy which assist in finding sponsors?is there any website where i can get registered?is there any list of sponsores who do nominate and i can apply directly to them. ?etc.. regards,rahul

rahul
3rd August 2010, 08:14 PM
also, checked this post under Jobs "Victoria offering Visa Sponsorship for Computing Professionals"When checked on website, it says Victoria is currently developing state migration plan. Also eligibility list is not out.Could you please clarify?Regards,Rahul

downundervisa
4th August 2010, 10:20 AM
Sponsorship of employees is something that happens on a "needs basis". No one does it by preference, and this is why you won't find a centralised database of employers looking for employees to sponsor. If they could simply employ someone off the street, they would prefer to do this. They will only sponsor when they have no other choice.

I would suggest you have another talk to your employer. Surely they must realise that you are planning to gain PR? And if they can't help you, they will lose you. I'm sure they know this. And if they are happy with your work (and don't want to lose you), why wouldn't they sign a form? Perhaps they think it is difficult or hard work?

I always advise clients to (a) ask their boss if they are prepared to nominate them for a permanent visa, then (b) tell them quickly that it will not be a lot of extra work for them, because you have a migration agent helping you, and the agent will also do all the forms and organise the requirements they need for them. MOST of the time, this is all OK.

Try that? If it fails, then you will have to look for another job, and make sure you find a boss who will be willing to help you.

rahul
6th August 2010, 11:05 PM
yup, thanks for advise,, am gonna talk to my employer for this. may be i get response that they have lot in pool to bring here on 457 so they can't sponsor ENS> but then it comes to square 1.

how do we find boss who is willing to help. Unless it is word of mouth i dont see any other way. what do you say.

warm regards