PDA

View Full Version : ENS 121 timescale

gardenboy
21st July 2010, 01:03 AM
I have applied for the ENS 121 visa, offshore. This was done at the end of January. The application has been approved, the job approved, but still no sign of my part being rubber stamped. I have tried various ways to get some answer as to where it might be in the system, but can only get an automated email. Does anyone know if the Parammatta centre is so much slower than anyone else? My employer and I submitted a decision ready application, with police and medicals included. I'm really starting to wonder if I'm going to pass the 6 month mark with no conclusion. Many thanks for any answers.

nvoorst
21st July 2010, 07:18 PM
Parramatta has a huge work load at the moment. It can take several months before an application is even been acknowledged as being received.I think processing times are between 6 and 9 months at this stage.

Regards,

Sheelagh Blanckenberg
21st July 2010, 08:14 PM
I agree with you Nick. Quite ridiculous how long Parramatta are taking with applications. I wonder if they'll get their bottoms kicked with the Minister's new priority processing arrangements?....they should!

Gardenboy, if it were me I would be writing a letter or email to the manager of the Parramatta processing centre asking why it is all taking so long especially with the current prioritisation of employer-sponsored applications. Be mindful of course, that the delay on your visa application may be because of extended security checking - a process over which DIAC has very little control.

gardenboy
22nd July 2010, 03:42 AM
Thanks very much for the advice. Do you have an email address that doesn't inititiate an automatic response from the Parramatta centre? Could you clarify what you mean by the security checks, as I included my police check certificate and the additional form my employer suggested I fill in.

Migration Help
22nd July 2010, 07:57 PM
Try emailing nsw.pse@immi.gov.au or send fax to (02) 8861 4301.

MH

Sheelagh Blanckenberg
22nd July 2010, 09:06 PM
Hi gardenboy

Over and above standard police checks to determine whether a visa applicant has a criminal history, DIAC also undertake specific, as well as random, security checking of applications.

These security checks are actually handled by the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) to gather information and produce intelligence that will enable it to warn the Australian government about activities or situations that might endanger Australia's national security.

The speed by which this is done is out of DIAC's hands and the process can sometimes take from several weeks to over a year or more depending on the applicant's background, immigration history, involvement of overseas agencies, etc.

Processing times also blow out due to unexpected caseloads such as the recent increase in refugee boat arrivals in Australia. As you can appreciate, ASIO staff have their hands full processing these cases and because there is such political and media scrutiny surrounding these arrivals, other applications tend to go on the back burner!

Cheers
Sheelagh