PDA

View Full Version : Pilot needs help!

bigo19812002
21st February 2010, 06:32 PM
Hi,
Ive reacently gained an Australian Commercial Pilots license and want to stay here and get residency.

I understand that its only on the employer sponsor list, and that i would need to get an aviation diploma to be eligable for this visa.

However.... my problems are.... that as a low hours limited experience pilot finding a sponsor would be very hard. The school Im at are willing to give me some work (probably part time) but are reluctant to sponsor.
I do have an Uncle who's an Au resident for past 40 years and willing to sponsor me, would that help? can i get some kind of visa from this?

Also, as Im newly qualified unfortunately the wages for the first few years arent great. What kind of salary do you have to be on for this visa? Is it different for each job?
Is there any allowances for people who are newly qualified, and dont have much work experience or for the fact that ive reacently gained an Aussie qualification here?

Its so confusing!! any advice on what my options are would be great :o)
thanks for your time
Owen

downundervisa
23rd February 2010, 05:04 PM
Are you licensed with CASA as a commercial pilot? You're legally allowed to fly commercially in Australia?

I don't know the commercial pilot market, sorry to say. I have no idea how difficult it is to get a job, but as "pilot" is only on the ENSOL list, then no you can't be sponsored by a relative. You need an employer.

There are regional visas where the rules are not as strict with regard to work experience and minimum salaries, and if you find an employer in a regional area I could be reasonably confident we'd be able to get a visa for you. Keep in mind this is based on knowing no more about you than what you've just said here.

If you can find an employer, happy to help you. In the meantime, would you like to fill out our assessment form my business website? www.downundervisa.com.au/page9/page10/Assessment.php