PDA

View Full Version : Subclass 457 visa-apply the dependent visa question

DL2016
13th September 2016, 02:11 PM
Dear All,
At first, thank you so much to read my message.
I am currently on a subclass 457 as the primary visa holder and my current husband has the dependent visa. Due to some reason, we plan to divorce. I am wondering after we divorce, if I remarry with another man who is in outside of Australia. Can I sponsor my second husband for the dependent visa right away? or I have to wait for a specific period time, then, I am eligible to sponsor him. How long do I need to wait?
Thank you so much for your time and help!

nvoorst
13th September 2016, 02:31 PM
Dear All,
At first, thank you so much to read my message.
I am currently on a subclass 457 as the primary visa holder and my current husband has the dependent visa. Due to some reason, we plan to divorce. I am wondering after we divorce, if I remarry with another man who is in outside of Australia. Can I sponsor my second husband for the dependent visa right away? or I have to wait for a specific period time, then, I am eligible to sponsor him. How long do I need to wait?
Thank you so much for your time and help!

You can include your new partner on your sc. 457 visa, if the sponsoring employer agrees and if your new husband meets the relationship requirements.You obviously have to advise DIBP of the previous relationship breakdown first.

DL2016
13th September 2016, 05:04 PM
You can include your new partner on your sc. 457 visa, if the sponsoring employer agrees and if your new husband meets the relationship requirements.You obviously have to advise DIBP of the previous relationship breakdown first.
Dear Mr. Nick,
Thank you so much for your quick reply. It is very helpful, I really appreciate it.

Best Regards.

Lily

Dubby
2nd December 2017, 03:58 AM

Thanks for the info nvoorst. I was wondering about the same thing.

nvoorst
3rd December 2017, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the info nvoorst. I was wondering about the same thing.

You're welcome.