PDA

View Full Version : 457 to ENS < 2 years

hiraniha
15th July 2012, 12:05 PM
Hi there I have a question based on the new changes to the ENS sponsored from 1 July 2012. The new 186 via. It has 3 streams, Transition, Direct Entry and Agreement.

I have been employed by my company for just over 1 year on a 457, and it was always my intention to apply for PR via an ENS once the family had settled down properly.

I know I don't qualify for the Transition stream, however the Direct stream seems to be comfusing in its wording. Some people suggest that if you are on a 457 then this is not applicable, others say that anyone < 2 years on a 457 is applicable but just need a skills assessment in the area that I am currently employed in by my company.

As the changes are still new, I'm not sure if there are enough applicants out there to be able to confirm if the Direct stream is relevant to me or not. Would be great if someone who really know could shed some light this.

Thanks

nvoorst
15th July 2012, 06:42 PM
Yes, you can apply for the Direct Entry stream as long as you meet all the requirements, incl. competent English and skills assessment for trade occupations.

The Transition stream is for those who have worked for their sponsor on a sc. 457 visa for 2 years.

hiraniha
16th July 2012, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the reply Nick.

What do you mean by skills assessment for trade occupations? I am sponsored as a Business Analyst, does that mean I may not even require a skills assessment from the ACS?

In terms of competent English, I believe that having a UK passport covers that to the required level.

Thanks

nvoorst
16th July 2012, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the reply Nick.

[COLOR=black]What do you mean by skills assessment for trade occupations?

ANZSCO major group 3 occupations like painter, carpenter etc.

hiraniha
16th July 2012, 09:41 PM
Hi Nick, sorry I think you misunderstood what I meant, I know what a trade occupation is, as you mentioned it in the reply I was trying to determine if that was the only reason why you would need to do a skills assessment for this visa on the direct stream.

nvoorst
16th July 2012, 10:35 PM
Sorry about confusing you. I just re- read your posting. My response was in reference to RSMS, not ENS. Your case obviously relates to ENS requirements and not to RSMS.

The SkillSelect web site states this in regards to ENS Direct Entry:

Direct Entry stream

If you apply for the Direct entry stream, you must:

provide a positive skills assessment in your nominated occupation
provide evidence of at least three years of relevant work experience
have competent English.
Skills assessments must be submitted with your online visa application.

ahsandewan
28th August 2012, 09:23 PM
Hi I am on 457 and working as a doctor from last 2.5 years in australia. But I am with the current employer from last 15 months and they are happy for putting ENS for me. Can they count my previous work into account. Because I have worked in the same industry but with different employer.
Or are there any other options for me.
Please reply