View Full Version : ENS visa with Full Medical Board Registration & less than 2 years in Australia

10th September 2011, 06:53 PM
Hi all,

This is my first post and would be grateful for a response.

My wife just received her Full and Unconditional Registration of the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency (AHPRA) and now we want to explore ways of applying for a Permanent Resident visa.

It seems that applying in the ENS pathway is quicker than applying in the Independent category.

My wife has worked for about 1 year in Australia but has about 6 years experience full time as a hospital doctor in Sri Lanka. She is currently working as a hospital doctor in an ED in Australia.

The eligibility requirement of the Class 856 states that among other conditions that you "have had your skills assessed as suitable by the relevant skills assessing authority and, unless exceptional circumstances apply, have at least three years full-time work experience in the occupation before the visa application is lodged. A list of assessing bodies can be found in the Employer Nomination Scheme Occupation List (ENSOL)"

I have seen elsewhere in this section that most people applying for ENS talk of needing to work in Australia for 2 year before applying. Is that really necessary? From what I understand from the immigration website the 3 years experience does not have to be in Australia.

Could someone correct me if I am mistaken?

Thank you