PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice regarding employer sponsorship

Mac
22nd February 2011, 04:37 PM
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and registered because there seems to be some experienced individuals kindly offering there knowledge to those of us that have found ourselves wrapped up in red tape.

I am working for a huge company called laminex, they have offices and warehouses all over the country. My branch manager would very much like to take me on board full-time under the "employer sponsorship" program. The main reason being that if I can not get sponsorship my partner will not be able to stay in the country in a working capacity. She is a 44 year old Realtor and, I believe, would find it almost impossible to get a working VISA for Australia. My qualifications as a Realtor are not applicable as I don't believe the property sector here is a healthy one and i don't want to work in this arena anymore.

My problem is that i do not fall into one of the required roles posted on-line by the government, I am working as a tally-man for the company, this is a store-person related position and my seniors have decided that I am to be held onto as honest hard workers are very hard to find and even harder to keep.

As the company has never sponsored an individual before I am drawing up a proposed plan that would allow us to proceed in the swiftest manner.

My question is what would be the best course of action for a person in my position, are the government understanding towards such circumstances, if not then what loop holes are there that would allow me to proceed.

I have impeccable references both work related and personal from highly regarded individuals both here in Perth and abroad.

Best Regards,
Mac

Robert K Chelliah
22nd February 2011, 06:38 PM
I do specilaise in employer sponsored 457 and 856 visas. You may wish the email me your contact phone number for me to seek some clarification before I can offer my professional opinion,

Regards

Mac
23rd February 2011, 04:18 PM
Thanks, I have sent you an email with my mobile number to rkc@austmigration.com.sg, lets see how we go.

In the meantime if anyone else has any feedback or past experiences it would be highly appreciated.